- March 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
ADVERTISEMENT: MEAL OFFICER (WAJIR)
To support the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) strategy, policy and practice by helping design programme monitoring systems, build the capacity of staff in their analysis and dissemination of data, and coordinate information management and reporting systems. The job requires good knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning through project implementation cycle. Key area of accountability include support in developing MEAL plans
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supporting the development of systems and processes for the implementation of M&E plans based on Save the Children best practice.
- Maintaining a tracking spreadsheet for M&E activities and events – baselines, assessments, reviews, evaluations – tracking trends and recommendations, progressing their implementation where appropriate;
- Coordinating the sharing of learning related to M&E practices across offices, and providing support when internal/external reviews, evaluations, and lessons learned exercises should be employed;
- Contributing to the design of M&E methodology and child-safeguarding indicators by the programme team, and promotion of child participation in M&E planning and accountability.
- Developing internal reporting schedules & templates, clarifying what level of information is needed and where, with key responsibilities assigned, and reviewing proposals, with a particular focus on checking log frames and ensuring indicators are followed up and project milestones achieved;
- Participating in the development of tools and guidelines for data collection, collation and reporting, for instance ensure that projects have clear MEAL plans, IPTT as well as tracking of total beneficiary reach.
- Conduct data quality assessment to ensure that data reported is validated, is accurate and consistent while providing feedback as necessary to program teams;
- Support design and monitoring of quality benchmarks and take lead in monitoring project quality benchmarks to ensure that project quality standards are not compromised.
- Maintain an action tracker for the project while ensuring that actions agreed upon from debrief meetings with program teams are actioned.
- Support the implementation of processes to review the quality of project data, collection methods and the suitability of the existing data for the provision of sound baseline information;
- Ensure strong accountability mechanisms are set up and monitored, that information is correctly shared with beneficiaries through the most appropriate mechanisms and that beneficiaries actively participate in project activities.
- Maintain and update a complaints and response mechanism database for tracking feedback from communities and ensure that the feedback/complaints are responded to.
- Build capacity of other program staff to undertake accountability including ensuring participation of communities and sharing information with communities as well as undertake accountability assessments.
- Professionally document and proactively share information and learning with Save the Children stakeholders.
- Take an active role in ensuring staff are compliant in uploading data into necessary app systems and maintain such database systems.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (with possibility of extension)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Wajir
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- First degree in Social sciences, Statistics or Mathematics or other relevant area
- Minimum three years practical experience in M&E system coordination/implementation in a large international non-governmental organisation or other international relief/development body;
- Demonstrable track-record in data management, with the ability to support staff and partners on M&E methodology and analyse and disseminate complex information to a range of stakeholder audiences;
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Working knowledge of data analysis programmes e.g. SPSS and digital data collection approaches specifically use of ODK.
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English, with experience working in multicultural, multi-location, values driven teams;
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (both spoken and written).
- Understanding of importance of quality and timely data
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Good typing and data entry speed.
- Ability to work well with others in a team.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Sets high standards for quality and consistently achieves project goals.
- Maintains and extends an effective network of individuals within the organisation and with government and development partners
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=am13YW5nZS4zMDk2MS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20