- October 5, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The New Business Development Specialist is a key position within the Country Office Programme. S/He will identify and track donor opportunities, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and development proposals for funding opportunities.
In the event of an emergency situation, flexibility is expected of the incumbent to work outside of their normal job description and be able to adapt to required tasks and schedules as needed.
- Educational background in Management/Development/Marketing/Social Sciences/ to Master degree optional level, or equivalent experience.
- Recommended 4-5 years’ experience in both an emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in at least 2 priority sectors of Save the Children: education, protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
- Background in business development, donor and relationship management, partnerships management and change management required or any experience relevant at ONG.
- Professional experience in the knowledge of Human Rights and Children’s Rights.
- Experience in humanitarian and social development work (desirable).
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish (mandatory).
Key areas of accountability
- Write and/or oversee the development and writing of high value concept notes and full proposals, contributing to the dramatic income growth from corporate, major donors, trusts and foundations, as well as institutional donors.
- Manage the proposal development process, securing the required information, guaranteeing the quality of the design and ensuring the compliance with procedures and the use of institutional tools including log-frames and budgets.
- Review and validate proposals to ensure the compliance with the terms of reference of calls for projects and donors’ requirements.
- Write and concept notes donor-facing programme overviews for securing funding for filling the programmatic gaps and maintained teams informed about opportunities and donors.
- Ensure effective dissemination of donor compliance requirements and guidance from Save the Children Members.
- Assist NBD Manager in participating in any donor visit to project(s) within the country office portfolio, as required.
- Assist NBD Manager in identifying, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from bilateral, multi-lateral, and other institutional donors. Use creative approaches to link programme aspirations to donor priorities, while also effectively influencing the strategies of donors.
- Assist NBD Manager in elaborating, track and update thorough donor and partner profiles collecting organization’s relevant information about strategy, programmatic priorities, board composition or financial status.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bS5hcmlhcy44MTIzOC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20