- February 22, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Program Associate – Asia position supports Internews’ Asia portfolio under the supervision of the Program Officer in the Asia Program Management Unit (PMU). The Program Associate will provide a broad range of administrative and project support including maintaining administrative systems and editing and writing reports and communication materials.
This is a remote-based position.
Our preferred candidate will be based in the Asia region. You should apply with the understanding that work hours will need to be coordinated to align with those of colleagues based in the Asia region, as well as those on the East Coast of the United States (UTC -5) and Europe (UTC).
You must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work. This position is not eligible for relocation support.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
This position has an anticipated closing date of March 11, 2022.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socio-economic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Assist the Asia team with project oversight, including tracking progress toward program deliverable;
- Assist in preparation of proposals, narrative and evaluation reports, budgets, and other deliverables including editing, proofing, revising and assembling finished materials;
- Provide project country teams with support such as research, recruitment, setting up contracts, procurement and other administrative tasks as requested;
- Coordinate with Internews’ HQ on deliverables submission, donor communication, proposal development, HR related matters, local office registration, local subgrants, etc.;
- Maintain reporting tracker, donor matrices, and other program support tools;
- Develop and maintain up-to-date briefing and PR materials for active programs;
- Work with country teams to develop monthly program updates to share across the organization;
- Research and communicate with other NGOs domestically and abroad on issues involving the media, civil society, freedom of press, health and the environment, children’s rights and women’s issues;
- Represent Internews to other NGOs, funders, and government officials as requested;
- Coordinate with seasonal program assistant/intern staff;
- Coordinate travel logistics, assist with visa applications, and arrange accommodations for the Regional/Global Director and other Internews representatives within the department;
- Provide support with organizing Internews’ internal events, such as the Asia PMU’s Annual Regional Conference and Internews-wide Global Internews Gathering; and
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values and advancing Internews’ Belonging, Dignity, and Justice (BDJ) initiative in Asia.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-3 years development project experience, including field experience, OR a relevant university degree
- Superior analytical and writing ability to edit and produce reports, proposals, and other communication pieces
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Experience with MS Excel and Word
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a large multicultural environment
- Proven organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Experience making complex travel arrangements**Preferred**
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply. **
- Fluency in at least one Asian language
- Experience with financial management and familiarity with US government’s funding rules and regulations
- Experience with event planning and/or arranging logistics for project implementation abroad
- Experience with using MailChimp and producing PR related pieces
- Familiarity with using MS Teams, SharePoint, Egnyte, OneDrive
- Experience preparing expense reports and budgets
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Career’s page.