- December 19, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
HEKS/EPER pursues the vision of a just world where the dignity of everyone is respected, peace reigns and the natural environment is conserved. In the framework of the 2030 Agenda, we work in the four thematic priority areas of “Climate justice”, “Right to land and food”, “Flight and migration”, and “Inclusion”. HEKS/EPER also provides humanitarian aid for people affected by natural disasters and armed conflicts. The goal is to induce change at the social, economic and political levels. HEKS/EPER helps improve the living conditions of people in Switzerland and around the world, claims their rights, and to this end, mobilizes and raises awareness on the part of society, policy-makers, business and churches.
The Program Manger Humanitarian Aid (HA) is responsible for the programme development and its effective and efficient implementation with the respective operational and strategic partners (ECHO). He/she has the overall responsibility for the finances of HA Programme of HEKS Romania. Further, his/her tasks contain building the capacities, leading the local HA team. Equally, he/she is responsible for acquiring necessary funds for the Humanitarian Aid Programme of HEKS Romaniathrough grant acquisition and ensuring visibility of HEKS/EPER. The maintaining a strong cooperation with HEKS/EPER Switzerland is essential.
We are looking for an experienced person who takes the strategic and operational leadership for the Humanitarian Programme managed by HEKS/EPER Romania team in Romania and abroad in cooperation with HEKS/EPER HQ as
Program Manager Humanitarian Aid, Romania, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
- In close coordination with the Country Desk (CD) Romania develop and ensure the necessary team structure and capacities needed for an effective development and implementation of the HA programme.
- In close coordination with the CD Romania, organise the administrative management and supervision of the HA Department and ensure compliance with local legal administrative requirements.
Programme and Project Management
- Lead the development of a relevant, substantial, and strategic humanitarian aid response in line with HEKS/EPER strategy and ensure coherence with HEKS/EPER’s approaches, concepts and financial specifications.
- Manage a well-balanced project portfolio, including the selection of strategic and operational partners and/or direct implementation. Responsabilitiy of overall project management of selected projects.
- Analyse and be familiar with the local and national context in Romania and region and adapt the programme accordingly.
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the HA programme compliant with all standards and procedures of HEKS/EPER through participative monitoring, evaluation, learning and steering. Include HEKS/EPER’s own or external specialists where needed.
- Assume final responsibility for the HA Country Office (CO) finances and projects according to the FFAG.
- Ensure tight budget follow up and respective reporting.
- Coordinates with the Financial Director and CD the financial flow from HEKS Switzerlans and other donors.
- Coordinate with the Financial Director the quarterly/monthly consolidation and request funds from HEKS Switzerland
- Ensure annual audits of HA projects and an appropriate follow-up of audit findings and recommendations.
- Ensure an adequate financial risk management, ensuring compliance and anti-corruption policies.
Acquisition and Fundraising
- Ensure projects funding through acquisition and develop and implement a national acquisition strategy based on the donor landscape.
- Proactivly engage with donors at local and national level and coordinate donor engagement with the HEKS Szitzerland Acquisition team and the Romania Country Director.
Leadership, Coaching, Human Resources, Security Management
- Implement HEKS/EPER’s mission statement, values, and policies.
- Apply a caring and supporting role, creating an atmosphere of open and constructive dialog and coach the staff in their professional development, leading to a high performance.
- Lead and supervise the team and ensure compliance to local laws and obligations, the guidelines, and the institutional governance of HEKS/EPER.
- Mentor and coach the HA staff in HEKS Romania in the main HA principles, HA operations, HA thematic specificities (including CASH programming), donor management, etc.
- Foster an environment that motivates innovation and creativity.
Representation, Networking, and Learning
- When appointed or necessary the PMHA can represent HEKS/EPER towards the government, the public and other international stakeholders, regional and local organisations, consortium and networks including the Act Alliances structures, ECHO.
- Encourage networking and exchanges of experience, create connections within the CO, among partners, grassroots organisations, other groups and with governmental bodies.
- Ensure learning and knowledge sharing in country and contribute to HEKS/EPER’s global cooperation strategy, policy development and learning.
To be successful you bring:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant university degree at Master’s level or other relevant experience
- Proven track record of leading teams
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in the HA sector at senior management level in designing, managing and implementing internationally financed cooperation projects
- Track record in successful acquisition and implementation of internationally funded projects (in consortia, through partner organisations and self-implemented)
- Profound knowledge of HA operations including handling ECHO contracts.
- Strong commitment to a Human right based approach and readiness to closely cooperate with the Development Cooperation (Social Inclusion) team on triple nexus.
- Proven will and skill to coordinate and to work in cooperation and consortiums with other agencies and state authorities.
Skills and Capabilities
- Team leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication, representation and networking skills and interest
- Experience and strong capabilities in strategy development and programme implementation
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and writing skills
- Sound financial management skills
- Working attitude characterized by initiative, integrity, effectiveness, cooperation, participation, and respect
- Sound ICT skills
- Experience in working in fragile contexts
- Available for extended local, national and international travel
- Experience with security management
- Mandatory English skills, local language depending on the context
What you can expect from us:
- A national position with a duty station in Cluj, Romania and regular visit to the projects
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position with flexible working condition
- Fixed-term contract of one year renewable
- Preferred start date: Januar 2024 or according to agreement
How to apply
Would you like to join the HEKS/EPER team? We are looking forward to your complete application in English (CV, Cover letter and certificates)
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.