- January 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The traineeship is due to start as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Transition International (TI) is a Netherlands-based, international consultancy firm with a network of senior consultants around the world. We specialise in tackling the challenges of transitions. We promote change through the provision of high level, tailor made training and advisory services. TI, while operating on a commercial basis, is a value-driven consultancy firm. We are guided by the ambition to contribute to a peaceful and more secure world, in which human dignity and our environment are both respected and protected. We demonstrate this commitment and promote these values in everything that we undertake. For more information, please visit our website: www.transitioninternational.com.
We have an interesting opening for an active and vibrant individual, who wants to work in a high paced environment. The traineeship will be 6 months, with good prospects of obtaining a junior professional post after completion of the traineeship. The trainee will have the opportunity to develop their skills, gain practical work experience, and familiarise themselves with the multidimensionality of the development and peacebuilding field. In addition, this traineeship provides you with a world-wide network of colleagues and clients.
While all will depend on our assignments, tasks may include:
- Conduct background research and literature reviews,
- Analysing field data and co-ordinating reports;
- Assist in identifying and writing tender documents;
- English editing, translation and formatting reports;
- Prepare training materials;
- Liaise and support senior consultants based around the world;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, Bachelor’s degree is acceptable if the candidate has relevant work experience;
- Experience in research and writing;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- A driving license is a plus.
Core skill set
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility in working hours;
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Passion for international development;
- Being committed to TI aims and values;
- Ability (and visa) to live and work in the south of the Netherlands for a period of at least six months.
TI offers an informal, innovative, and dynamic learning environment. Lunches are provided at the office and housing is available against a small fee. No payment will be made under this contract.
Applicants must have a laptop which they can work from with Microsoft Office installed.
Please be aware that non-EU citizens need a visa to stay more than 90 days in the Netherlands. Transition International is not in a position to help the trainee obtain a visa. As such, any non-EU candidate applying for this position should have a valid visa for 6 months.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your applications.