- March 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Save the Children is seeking job applicants for a Programme Development & Quality (PDQ) Manager post in Istanbul.The PDQ Manager leads on the development of high quality, innovative programs that deliver immediate and lasting change for children based Programs. The role supports programmes in Turkey.
The position ensures that programmes are designed in accordance with the Country Strategic Plan and the values shared between Save the Children and partners. The position is also responsible for ensuring the quality of programmes and coordinating the technical capacity building of partners.
The position provides leadership, working closely with the Operations Manager and others in the Senior Management Team (SMT) in assuring that the Save the Children programme is closely coordinated with the humanitarian community and coordination architectures nationally and regionally, incorporating research and best practices to inform the quality of our work.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Humanitarian/development experience with a relevant Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience of leading successful fundraising and new business development for non-governmental organisations in humanitarian, development or nexus contexts
- Experience in coordinating the development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets for multilateral and bilateral donors
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, represent and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Ability to present complex information succinctly and compellingly.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours and work with incoming surge teams in emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
- Preferably experience in Turkey or the Middle East region
- Preferably Turkish/Arabic language skills
- Preferably knowledge of Save the Children’s Common Approaches
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uODMzNDUuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t