- December 18, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About the role
FUNCTION OF DEPARTMENT
Crown Agents’ brand, reputation and financial success is driven by the people we use to engage with clients and deliver our services. Therefore, the quality of these people (both in-house and contracted-in), and how we treat them and mobilise them to different countries around the globe is critical to our success in achieving our vision to transform the future for people around the world.
The International Resourcing & Mobilisation (IRM) team is the focal point for all sourcing, recruitment and contracting of bought-in project expertise contractors/Associates), and their subsequent mobilisation onto our projects worldwide.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
This role is responsible for providing efficient project administration for a number of key travel and mobilisation processes delivered within the IRM team, contributing to the overall support of projects and ensuring that employees and associates are well supported. As a key member of the IRM team, you will join a dynamic and experienced group of professionals that provide support that is imperative to the day-to-day running of the organisation, ultimately influencing the overall success of Crown Agents.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB
Travel and Mobilisation Logistics Management
• Provide information to the traveller regarding the latest Crown Agents’ and other mandatory processes to be completed prior to mobilisation.
• Issue advice on medical examinations (including vaccinations), travel arrangements, visas, passports, hotel bookings etc for employees and contractors on mobilisation, duration of the project and demobilisation.
• Set up the CTM traveller profile using traveller passport and contact details.
• Liaise with the Project Manager to request any specific information on maximum flight budget, travel date requirements, project codes.
• Liaise with the traveller and CTM to obtain the best and most cost-effective routings.
• Manage the Travel Security and Health Risks process and ensure traveller has valid Healix Travelsafe assessment and advise on International SOS access.
• Manage the itinerary via the online Travel Authorisation process for the PM’s cost approval.
• Manage the billing process for travel working with the project accounting team
• Ensure all systems are update with the trip details??
Covid-19 Travel Related Restrictions
• Proactively research the UK Government’s latest information and understand implications which may impact trips such as hotel quarantine costs.
• Monitor and be aware of any new changes to the rules and how they may affect a trip.
• Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agents’ commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
• Be aware of and compliant with all the standards following Safeguarding procedures and policies. Promote Crown Agents’ speak up culture in order to protect the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
• A level standard or equivalent working experience
• Experience of working within the travel sector preferred
• Experience of supporting a wide range of people working on overseas projects
You will be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.