- February 9, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Médecins du Monde is an international medical development NGO and part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and in the rest of the world.
We aim for universal health coverage where every person has access to health care, without barriers (financial, cultural, geographical, etc.).
In Belgium and in the world, our projects are aimed at all people who do not have or no longer have access to health care. In particular, they are structured around five axes: people on the margins of society (homeless people, undocumented migrants, drug users, sex workers, etc.); children in vulnerable situations; women (accompanied in their fight for equality or against sexual violence, for example); migrants or displaced persons; and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars:
· Caring: providing real access to care for populations.
· Accompanying: more than helping, we want to change things in the long term.
· Witness: we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence in the field, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a set of values common to all our organization: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, Balance.
MdM started its activities in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in May 2019 and is currently implementing a program focusing on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services provision in favour of migrants / refugees / asylum seekers in Una-Sana and Sarajevo Cantons.
GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In line with MdM mission statement and the objectives of MdM Strategy in BiH, the Project Coordinator ensures the implementation of MHPSS activities and compliance with donor’s requirement. The position acts in close collaboration with the other members of the Senior Management Team to support the development of MdM’s presence in BiH.
The Project Coordinator is under the direct supervision / line management of the General Coordinator BiH and works in close collaboration with MHPSS Coordinator (and other members of Coordination Team).
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the direct supervision of project management team (Project Managers, etc) , on-time and quality programmes/projects implementation, actively participating in the preparation of new project proposals and donor project reports under the direct supervision of the General Coordinator, and official representation of MdM-BE in Bihac in front of Local authorities, donors, partners, etc. (as delegated by and in close coordination with the General Coordinator BiH).
The Project Coordinator is in charge of the completion of the following tasks:
· Continuous mapping/monitoring of evolution of the national/local context related to MdM priorities (access to (mental) healthcare, migration, vulnerable local population, etc.) and reports about it on regular basis to the General Coordinator BiH. Reviewing and adapting as necessary viability/set-up of the intervention (including planning the project/programme strategy for next phases).
· Ensuring on-time and quality implementation of different MdM programmes/projects in BiH that includes planning and monitoring of activities/teams, budget management, coordination of security issues and operations (in line with donors’, national and MdM procedures)
· Developing reports to donors, local authorities and internal situation reports
· Developing and maintaining regular relationships with local authorities and institutions, donors, UN agencies, diplomatic missions, NGOs and other key stakeholders in Bosnia and Herzegovina
· Support General Coordination to fund-raising and projects/programmes’ development process by actively participating in assessment of new areas of intervention/new projects to be implemented in the future, identifying/monitoring potential funding opportunities and drafting/providing inputs for new projects proposals.
· In charge of the direct supervision of the project management team (Project Managers, etc), including the recruitment process, training, and accompanying in the daily duties, evaluation, etc.
This list is not exhaustive, and the Project Coordinator should be flexible to take on additional tasks related to the position as validated by the General Coordinator, based on identified and changing needs.
The job position is located in Bihać but the candidate should be prepared to travel frequently to Sarajevo and other locations within BiH
This ToR is due possible changes as the mission developing
The Project Coordinator must respect code of ethics adhering to principles of confidentiality and impartiality; as well as MDM-BE Charter of values.
PREREQUISITES – International Profil
Qualifications and Experience:
· University degree in medicine, humanities, social sciences or similar
· At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in project management and project development in the field of access to healthcare/human rights/social inclusion
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in humanitarian crisis management
Competencies/languages and other skills:
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent writing and oral skills
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Fulfilling all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment
- Driving licence “B” category is a must
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French, Arabic, Farsi and/or Bosnian/Croatian/ Montenegrin/Serbian (BCMS) language is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER – International Profil
• An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
• For International: Labor Services Contract
• Job location: Una-Sana and Sarajevo Canton, BiH as well as other areas of interventions according to the mission needs
• A full-time contract (40 hours weekly)
• Starting date: ASAP
• Duration: 3 or 6 month with possibility of extension
If expat: the gross salary will be based on the national grid implemented in the country
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) using the appropriate form before 28/02/2022.
MdM thanks you for your interest in our organisation and wishes you every success in your path.
MdM-BE reserves the right to finalize a recruitment before the closing date for receipt of applications. We respond to all candidates.
MdM-Be does not ask for any financial contribution as part of the recruitment procedure.
Médecins du Monde is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you are computerized; they will be treated confidentially.
In the context of this application, your data is kept for a period of 6 months.
Only persons authorized by our General Confidentiality Charter will be able to access your data for strictly internal purposes