- May 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Thanks to the contribution of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, IOM’s Coordination Office for the Mediterranean (IOM Italy) designs and implements initiatives whose aim is to promote the social, economic, and cultural contribution of human mobility. Accordingly, IOM Italy’s Migration and Development Unit fosters numerous projects and initiatives addressing the link between migrants and the sustainable development of the countries they bridge. Since 2011, the Migrant Association for Co-Development program (A.MI.CO.) aims to strengthen capacities of local diaspora organizations in the project design and implementation, fostering their role as international cooperation and co-development actors.
In the context of the above-mentioned activities, the Migration and Development Unit is creating a roster of consultants to assist with the provision of technical support and the delivery of in-presence and/or online workshops to selected diaspora organizations based in Italy.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing:
The consultant will be required to assist IOM Italy’s Migration and Development Unit with the implementation of the Migrant Association for Co-Development program (A.MI.CO.). Notably, he/she will be contributing to the implementation of the following A.MI.CO. initiatives:
- A.MI.CO. Grants
- A.MI.CO. Plus
- A.MI.CO. Training
- A.MI.CO. Emergency
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Nature of the consultancy
Category B Consultancy – Project Cycle Management Consultant
Selected consultants will be part of IOM Italy Migration and Development Unit‘s Roster and may be contacted to implement one or more of the following activities, targeting selected representatives of diaspora organizations based in Italy:
- Participate in one or more preliminary coordination meetings with IOM team;
- Attend coordination meetings with target diaspora organizations;
- Develop and share training and coaching content and material;
- Design and deliver tailor-made trainings, workshops and/or coaching on one or more of the following topics: i) Project development, ii) Project implementation, iii) Monitoring and Evaluation, vi) Budget and accounting, in line with IOM’s standards and approach;
- Ensure coordination with IOM Italy at any stage of the consultancy;
- Draft a final report summarizing achievements, challenges, and recommendations.
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment:
The consultant will be required to deliver one or more of the following outputs:
- Draft content of training, workshops and coaching sessions
- Final content of training and coaching sessions
- Materials and tools used during the training, workshops and coaching sessions
- Final report
Details as to how the work must be delivered:
- The consultant ensures that a participative and interactive approach is adopted at all times;
- Communication is clear and informative, and is adapted to the participants’ understanding of the language being used.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results.
- 80% of the supported beneficiaries report satisfaction with the capacity building received;
- Capacity building training content, tools and materials are elaborated;
IV. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
University Degree in Social studies, Development Studies, Political Science, Law, Economy or related field.
Professional experience and other requirements:
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project development, and/or project implementation, and/or Monitoring and Evaluation, and/or Budget and accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in developing training sessions for adult education;
- Demonstrated experience in working with non-profit organizations;
- Professional experience in organizing and facilitating workshops will be considered an advantage;
- Context knowledge or previous professional experience with diaspora organizations will be considered an advantage;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Professional experience in writing reports and documents in Italian and English;
- Computer skills, specifically hands-on experience in the usage of MS Office.
Fluency in written and spoken Italian and English.
VI. TRAVEL REQUIRED
Upon request, the consultant will be required to travel within Italy.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates shall submit (1) their Curriculum Vitae including two references contacts, and a (2) cover letter, both in English.
The above documents will have to be sent to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying as subject: CFCV 2023 14 Project Cycle Management Consultant.
Candidates who do not possess the above requested qualifications will not be taken into consideration.
Only pre-selected candidates will be further contacted for the interview.
Posting period: OPEN-ENDED