- February 9, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Project Finance Coordinator will report to the Project Manager and be responsible for financial support for the WE- Care implementing Countries in the project. This is a critical role with someone who has strong accounting and management skills to be able to meet Oxfam Great Britain’s, Hewlett and Oxfam in Africa reporting requirements as well as ensuring smooth project delivery across the five countries.
- Responsible for the overall financial management of the WE-CARE Project across 4 countries, and the Oxfam in Africa office including grants to partners.
- Preparing monthly expenditures tracking sheet and updating the overall Project budget.
- In cooperation with local partner organizations and country teams, responsible for consolidation and preparation of budgets and financial reports to be sent to the PMU for approval.
- Ensure financial compliance with Oxfam GB, Oxfam in Africa, and the Hewlett Donor guidelines/ policies.
- Assess partners’ financial and organizational capability, accountability, and transparency procedures, and assist Project Manager on capacity building for partners on financial management and planning.
- Support in the development and review of budgets during proposal development to the Donor.
- Define and analyze the project budget to ensure that funds are used according to the funding contracts, proposing corrective actions if needed.
- Lead in organizing for project audits and financial health of the project.
- Responsible for project budget forecasts in consultation with the Project Manager
We’re looking for a person with
- A Relevant degree in business management, finance, or other relevant disciplines
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in conducting financial management to an organization.
- Proven knowledge and demonstrable experience of working with PeopleSoft and spreadsheets
- Preferable: If the candidate has worked with OGB or an OGB-funded project and has a good understanding of their financial and administrative reporting requirements
- High level of initiative and able to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to work and communicate effectively with partners/beneficiaries to ensure compliance with Oxfam GB, Oxfam in Africa, and Hewlett/WE-CARE policies and procedures
- Responsible, flexible, and adaptable. Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment and numerous, at times competing work demands.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented with ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines.
What we offer
At Oxfam, we believe that every aspect of our work can lead to a positive outcome. If you have the same opinion, together with the ability to meet the challenges involved, this role offers scope for immense personal fulfilment – as well as outstanding opportunities to develop your career.
Oxfam is committed to providing a fair compensation package and to providing a flexible, supportive, working environment
How to apply
Please upload an up to date CV and a Covering Letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the Job Title in the subject of the email.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date