Are you our new Protection Specialist in Colombia?
This position will play a key role in supporting NRC in the delivery of its Colombia programme. This role will work to ensure protection of beneficiaries within programming. The Protection Specialist will play a key role in identifying priority protection concerns, guiding protection interventions, planning and developing stand- alone protection and strengthening incorporation of protection into all aspects of NRC and our partners’ activities to promote an improved protection and humanitarian response
The Protection Specialist will have responsibilities in covering Ecuador, Colombia, Panamá, Honduras, El Salvador and México operations.
The Protection specialist reports to the Head of Programme.
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the recruitment process and start date may be delayed. Nevertheless, we encourage qualified candidates to apply and we will inform shortlisted applicants of any changes as the process evolves. Thank you for your understanding.
- Strengthen NRC’s response to prioritised country protection issues within the country and internationally.
- Provide timely and context specific information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Play an active and strategic role in the humanitarian community to strengthen the protection response in accordance with the NRC country strategy.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends, technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments on protection, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Technical support and capacity building of Protection Staff based in the Field Offices
- Support the Area Managers to ensure that programme staff identify and respond to prioritised protection concerns.
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Protection Advisor/Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Professional knowledge of humanitarian and protection principles
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
We are looking for someone who has experience with:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
A good sense of humour is an asset
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
We can offer
Commencement: As soon as possible
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
Grade 9 in the NRC grade structure. You can view the grade structureHERE**
Duty station: Bogota, with up to 50 % Travel to the field.
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
How to apply
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location