- January 31, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Macfadden is seeking an Administrative Assistant supporting the United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA). The Administrative Assistant will be providing support to the Personal Services Contracts (PSC) Recruiting Team. The PSC Recruiting Team helps OFDA recruit and hire outstanding experts to perform the challenging mission of responding to diverse types of disasters around the world. OFDA’s talent needs constantly change as new disaster situations present themselves. The PSC hiring mechanism allows OFDA to make contracts with individuals who have the expertise it needs in a fast and flexible manner. The PSC Recruitment Team posts job openings, assists OFDA in making selections, and facilitates the pre-award contract process between OFDA and the individual being hired. The PSC Administrative Assistant reports directly to the PSC Recruiting Deputy Team Lead, and assists with many tasks across the team (see specific job duties, below).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years office related experience; specific experience working with USAID a plus.
Skills: Computer proficiency required to include strong applied knowledge MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), as well as email and internet applications.
Must be able to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and be able to effectively shift priorities and multi-task. The candidate must have excellent organizational skills and must be reliable. Must be motivated and committed to customer service. Strong written and oral communication skills required to interface effectively with all levels of staff.
Provide support to PSC Recruiting Team. Provide key interface for scheduling technical evaluation committees and interviews. Ensure all trackers are up to date.
• Develop and maintain relationships within the client organization
• Communicate with senior clients, OFDA staff, and PSC candidates
• Maintain individual and team calendars
• Schedule and confirm meeting spaces, conference calls, etc.
• Proofread documents
• Maintain databases and lists
• Produce materials for meetings (e.g. make binders)
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree (equivalent work experience may be considered)
• Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government issued Secret clearance for the duration of your employment. Only applicants who currently hold an active Secret or higher-level security clearance or who are eligible to receive a Secret security clearance will be considered for this position.
• Environments where work was both fast-paced and the demands on quality were extremely high
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English
• Superior computer skills. High skill with Microsoft Office 2010 Office Suite in a network environment. Ability to learn new software and databases quickly.
• Highly organized and efficient
• Produces high-quality work
• Able to maintain focus in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a calm, friendly, and helpful, and mature attitude while under pressure
• Can multitask, balancing priorities and communicating with clients
• Friendly and customer-service oriented. Builds strong relationships
• Self-motivated – finds ways to be proactively helpful even when not asked
• Strong at solving problems
• Eager to grow and learn
• Other duties as required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
How to apply