- October 24, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
ACTION AGAINST HUNGER USA – HEARO
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP):
BENEFITS SURVEY AND REVIEW CONSULTANCY
- About Action Against Hunger, USA – HEARO
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. For more than 40 years, we have led the global movement to end hunger, for everyone, for good.
The Action Against Hunger, USA – Regional Office (HEARO), is looking to engage a reputable consulting firm with extensive expertise in labor market analysis, management and organizational development to undertake a review of the benefits offered at HEARO with the aim to benchmark against peer International NGOs regional offices whose mandate and reach is similar.
- Objectives of Assignment
To ensure internal equity and external competitiveness of the HEARO staff benefits.
- Scope of the assignment
- In consultation with the Director of People and Strategy and HEARO HR Regional Director, the selected firm will identify a list of at least 10 organizations which may be considered as comparators, for the purpose of establishing staff benefits data. The list shall be subjected to final approval by the Director of People and Strategy and HEARO HR Regional Director;
- Carry out desk reviews, survey and interviews and research to compare HEAROs benefit structure with the approved comparators;
- Presentation and submission of a final detailed survey findings with comparison and analysis of results and recommendations related to the benefits package (for the propose of this review, include benefits and allowances).
- Expected Outcome and Deliverables
- Details and summary of data collected from the Comparators and the evaluation of their benefits package;
- A report on final survey findings with comparison and analysis of the survey results, and recommendations related to the benefits packages. The report should include the summary information on the comparator organization (size, number of Staff, etc.) against which current benefits can be reviewed.
- A report on total cost estimate with recommendations for resolving any inconsistencies between internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Make a presentation of the process and the results to Regional Director, Director of People and Strategy and HEARO HR Regional Director.
- Duration of the consultancy
The consultancy is expected to take up to a maximum of eight (8) weeks starting from the date of signature of contract by both parties, subject to adjustments as required and mutually agreed upon.
- Qualification & Experience
The successful bidder should meet the following minimum criteria:
- The documents submitted should include statutory documents (certificate of incorporation, tax compliance, professional certification, etc); a company profile including bios of key staff and proposed working team; areas of competencies; client list and references; technical and financial proposal.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in the field of human resource management, with proven track record in the area of compensation and benefit
analysis, including supporting list of (at least five) comparable international organizations.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in undertaking benefits survey for international organizations, including supporting list of (at least five) comparable international organizations.
- The consultants must all be certified members of IHRM, SHRM, HRCI or any relevant professional certification.
- Familiarity with labor market issues in Kenya.
- Ability to render consulting services in the most professional, effective, and efficient manner.
The proposal must be submitted electronically by November**, 9th 2023** by 5 pm EAT in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Each proposal should be structured in a clear, straightforward manner and in accordance with the outline of the respective sections herein. Service provider(s) should exercise care to present only realistic, attainable commitments in their proposal. Non-compliance with meeting any requirements must be specifically stated with reasons by the Service provider(s).
All communication between the service provider and HEARO shall be through firstname.lastname@example.org
When submitting questions, the identity of the service provider(s) representative must be clearly indicated. The email shall in such cases, follow the format of;
(1) Name of service provider
(2) Date of submission e.g. Service provider name, date.
All questions must be sent to HEARO before the deadline indicated above.
Attn: Tender committee
TECHNICAL EVALUATION CRITERIA
NO CRITERIA POINTS
Specific experience of the Consultant firm related to the assignment:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Human Resource Management/ Organizational Development.
- Previous experience in Compensation & Benefits Analysis.
- Provide at the least five relevant assignments, including in the past one (1) year.
- Lead consultant(s) should be a member(s) of IHRM, SHRM, HRCI and must have a current Practicing Certificate from IHRM.
Adequacy of methodology and work plan in response to the Terms of reference
- Clear understanding and interpretation of Terms of Reference
- Timelines proposed and clearly tabulated through a Gantt Chart.
- References (recommendation letters) from at least five (5) local companies where similar projects have been implemented with contact person(s) and their contacts in form of telephone numbers and emails address (at least 3 should be from international NGOs).
PASS MARK = 75% (45 out of 60)
How to apply
Interested and eligible service providers to submit both technical and financial proposal to email@example.com so as to be received on or before 9th November 2023 for the attention of the Tender committee.