- November 10, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Location -Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job type -Full time – (36-40 hours per week)
Salary -Indicative gross salary between € 2854 and € 3408 per month
Comment -Inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurship education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and circumstances, and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 101 countries. Aflatoun programmes inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities through active learning and problem solving. They learn how to save, how to budget, and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities. Aflatoun has been recognized globally (Brookings, Harvard, HundrEd, Million Lives Club) for its high-impact, low-cost model, which has shown to be effective in changing behaviors of participants across the globe.
By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organisations, helping them enhance their existing expertise and create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programmes follow an active-learning, participant- centered methodology, which combines social and financial education (SFE) through engaging participants, educators, government institutions and civil society organisations.
As the organization continuous to grow we are looking for an Education Specialist (Curriculum).
The Education Specialist supports Aflatoun’s programmatic work by maintaining high quality curriculum, training and educator professional development materials for Aflatoun programmes as well as for external partners. You will be able to independently develop high quality curriculum products and training manuals with limited supervision. You have solid understanding of different knowledge/skill delivery models (classroom-based, online, blended, experiential);
The Education Specialist will develop a range of curriculum projects and manage both internal curriculum creation and revision as well as external consultancies for external stakeholders. The organization has an established curriculum framework and learning methodology. It is now increasingly working with more external partners on the production and development of specific topical curricula for external organizations. The Education Specialist has a leading role in this work, primarily managing projects with a range of external consultants. The Education Specialist is expected to be able to do a range of tasks, work across multiple projects, and be able to handle responsibilities autonomously.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
Content development **
• Development of new curriculum and educator professional development products, tailored to specific purposes, ensuring alignment with Aflatoun’s learning frameworks, coherence with organizational pedagogy and approach, and for core Aflatoun curriculum products, ensuring visual and content consistency;
• Ensure that the material is aligned and coheres with organizational pedagogy and approach (online, hybrid, blended approaches);
• Develop new iterations of Aflatoun, including integrating other content and issues into curriculum (Ex. Life-skills, agriculture, sexual and reproductive health);
• Develop and innovate Aflatoun learning frameworks and conduct comprehensive reviews of curriculum products, including consultation with academics, consultants, donors and partners to embed best practices and learnings from research and M&E into curriculum revisions and development. This includes engaging expert working groups and advisory boards for new content;
• Design curriculum for multiple formats of delivery, specifically adapting curricula to digital platforms and the development of new digital curriculum products;
• Keep abreast of latest thinking & innovations in curriculum development around social and financial education and 21st century skills;
• Supervise and manage external consultant (education consultants, for core curricula: designers and translators);
• Create Capacity Building / Training of Trainers materials;
• Create contextualization guidelines;
• Organize and facilitate trainings.
*Dissemination and adaptation monitoring of Aflatoun Curriculum
· Manage the initial dissemination in coordination with the programme managers of the core education material to the Aflatoun partner network;
· Represent the curriculum team internally at cross-departmental meetings;
· Represent Aflatoun externally and present work in international events, meetings and conferences.
• Provide content for education development projects and contribute to curriculum components of other project proposals in coordination with resource mobilization team.
· Act as Project Manager for a set of assigned donor-funded curriculum projects;
· Develop a project plan and budget, execute the project according to the project plan, manage consultants, making adjustments to ensure successful delivery of the project in compliance with donor requirements;
· Establish and maintain project documentation, including contracts, plans, timelines, budgets, reporting & invoicing and all other relevant project information, following the organization’s project management tools and processes;
· Develop progress and financial reporting for donors with input from partners and the finance team;
· Liaise with partner organizations, donors, stakeholders to monitor project deliverables and timeline.
Non-technical responsibilities as Aflatoun staff
• Positively contribute to team discussions, and the effective running of the organization;
• Cross-departmental collaboration, compliance with organizational policies and procedures including submitting monthly timesheets;
• Keep relevant sections of the website up to date and contribute to organizational communications materials in relation to curriculum development;
• Maintain contacts’ details and key communications in the organization’s relationship management system, Salesforce;
• Promote Aflatoun’s work on social media;
• Perform other duties and tasks, consistent with the skills and expertise, as required in non-routine circumstances;
• Be willing to adapt to different tasks and different cross-organisational tasks, this includes but is not limited to helping deliver Aflatoun events such as the International Conferences and staff retreats.
Required Skills & Qualifications
o University degree in Educational Sciences or other relevant disciplines.
o 3 to 5 years work experience working in the education field (with focus on life skills, financial literary, gender, entrepreneurships skills and others);
o Proficient in developing lesson plans and/or curriculum frameworks;
o Experience producing and publishing high quality written materials in English;
o Experience in training and facilitating methodologies;
o Process and project management experience;
o Experience in working in a multicultural environment;
o Excellent communication skills and attention to detail;
o Fluent written and spoken English (required). Knowledge of additional languages such as Dutch, Spanish, French, Russian or Arabic would be an advantage;
o Proven track record in delivering results;
o Ability to work effectively in an international environment;
o Ability and willingness to travel internationally;
o Ability to handle and efficiently manage multiple priorities. Ability to learn quickly and on the job;
o Computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
o Understanding and willingness to conduct work and demonstrate behaviors in line with Aflatoun International’s values and policies.
The position is for a full-time workweek (40 hours). We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross monthly salary range of € 2854 and € 3408 (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance, and national insurance contributions) – the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background. Due to the nature of Aflatoun’s work with children around the world, specific attention is drawn towards Aflatoun’s Child Protection Policy and its Policy on the Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). These two policies are required to be signed by new employees and forms part of the employment documents related to the employment contract. The applicant commits to zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse. An additional written test may be required.
Management may appoint at a lower step based on the candidate’s skills and experiences against the position’s requirements.
How to apply
Please apply online at https://aflatoun.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=96
no later than 11 November, 2021. If you have any specific, questions on the position please contact the HR Officer Chitra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A valid work permit and/or European passport is required in order to be considered for the position