- December 14, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
***TITLE:** Risk and Compliance Coordinator*
***TEAM/PROGRAMME:** Risk and Compliance*
***LOCATION:** Monrovia, Liberia*
***CONTRACT LENGTH:** Permanent*
Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
The role holder is responsible for providing leadership and coordination of Risk, Internal Control and Compliance, Internal Audit and Fraud in the Project Office.
The role is a critical 2nd line of control for the organisation and requires independent and objective staff. The role should therefore report to the Chief of Party (COP) with a dotted line to the Regional Fraud Lead and the Director of Support Services (DSS)**.** The Regional Fraud Lead will provide functional coaching/feedback and development to the individual and should be involved in their recruitment/ talent management/ objective setting processes.
The role is accountable for supporting the SMT to mitigate both internal and external risks across the Project Office and providing effective feedback to the quality of management oversight on key functions within the Project Office. Developing high quality approaches and systems, the Risk & Compliance Coordinator works closely with function/department leads and other senior staff, ensuring effective monitoring and response to external risks, associated with compliance with donor rules, policy and regulations, legal and local political issues. Collaborating with teams across the Project Office, SCI Regional Office, Global Assurance and the Centre, the role holder supports the project heads to implement high quality and effective monitoring systems. The person also aids programme leads to respond to internal risks associated with but not limited to commodities management and partnerships including sub agreement relationships in addition to compliance with SCI policies and regulations, child safeguarding, anti-fraud, bribery and corruption. Besides, as a member of the Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT), the Risk & Compliance Coordinator contributes to the overall strategic leadership, effective programme implementation, and operational efficiency of the Project Office, participating in all ESMT processes and reporting and presenting to SMT, where and when requested and proactively.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Chief of Party
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
- RISK IDENFICATION & ASSESSMENT –
Provide functional expertise to support the organisation’s risk identification and assessment processes. Utilise detailed knowledge of Board risk appetite to ensure that it is fully embedded and operationalised within the organisation. Individual will:
- Be country expert in SCI Risk Framework tools and techniques (including Jort/RMP/ Datix).
- Provide expert insight support to award risk assessments
- Acts as a risk focal point with the rest of the SCI risk network
- Facilitate risk management processes and sit on Country Risk Management Committee
- RISK PREVENTION/ CONTROL & MITIGATION –
Provide expert support to ensure risk prevention measures are fit for purpose.
- Provide training to staff on key control and compliance risk prevention measures
- Train staff/partners on FRAUD prevention training
- Provide expert support on internal control/ mitigation design for new projects or processes
- Provide Surge support for risk prevention expertise to major humanitarian incidents
- CONTROL & MITIGATION TESTING COMPLIANCE –
Provide compliance checks/ audit reviews to provide assurance on key risk management controls’
- Annual workplan of compliance / spot checks/audit reviews on key management controls E.g. field office audits, vetting spot checks
- Review/attend key control meetings/ process and ensure that they are working & provide specialist input E.g. attending Finance Control Compliance meeting
- INCIDENT RESPONSE/ INVESTIGATIONS (FRAUD/ MULTI FACETED) – Provide independent reporting of risk, incidents & investigations
- Independent reporting of risk appetite and management of escalations as appropriate
- Independent reporting of incidents in Datix that affect ability of an organisation to hit its objectives
- Lead /coordinator of fraud & multifaceted investigations
- Fraud – focal point/ investigator training
- Whistle blowing service provision & follow up
- Local owner of Datix system.
- ACTION TRACKING AND ASSURANCE
- Track progress of risk actions so unit head can provide appropriate annual assurance on risks.
- Track audit/ investigation findings
- Coordinate assurance documentation and risk appetite status to complete RISK Assurance letter
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Minimum of BA/BBA/BSc. Degree in Auditing, Accounting & related fields with 5 years’ experience
- Audit, compliance, and risk management qualifications or certifications are desirable
- EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrable experience at a senior level within both the commercial and NGO sectors, is preferable
- A strong interest in international development/humanitarian work
- Broad spectrum programme experience, with strong analytical skills
- Excellent business partnering and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to have a highly strategic focus, whilst dealing competently with operational matters
- The ability to understand and break down complex technical problems, both translating them into layperson’s terms as well as finding solutions which work
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others
- Experience of managing teams, as well as indirect relationships
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Willing to travel to support members directly or to relevant events as required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties where reasonable in view of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yNjg2Ny4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20