Overview about Bunyan Organization:
Independent non-profit organization care about the Syrian affairs, established in 2004
where it started its activities in the city of Aleppo north of Syria and was licensed in turkey in 2014
Bonyan’s refugee response program is structured around three axes: education, protection, and livelihoods.
People’s development makes them prepared and responsible aiming to the rise of the Syrian society and the creation of its civilization.
We work to improve the Quality of Education and strengthen the values to contribute to the rise of the Syrian society.
Proficiency – Initiative – Welfare – Abundance
Job Title:Safety and Security Officer
Job Code: TR-Safe-Secu-Off 2052
Supervision to: Field Safety & security Officers
Reported to: Programs Manager
Bonyan seeks to recruit a Safety and Security Officer that has in-depth knowledge and understanding of Syria’s security environment. Will assists and support the Safety and Security department in providing an effective and progressive Security Support to the organization and ensure updating supervisor about all related incidents. Will attend humanitarian security meetings and will liaise with external sources and experts. He will help in building Bonyan communication network regarding activities in Syria including doing visits inside Syria (not more than 25% of workdays)
Safety & Security Officer will analyze security trends, advise, update, and implement Bonyan Security Management Plan, under the supervision of program Management in HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the required security assessments/evaluations, threat analysis, and risk assessments and offer appropriate recommendations.
- Maintains and updates the database of all security incidents and completes reports as required, follow with the staff with the required corrections to submitted incident reports.
- Evaluate, review and update the Turkey/Syria Security Management Plan on a regular basis.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents, requested by the Bonyan’s partners Safety and Security department in both English and Arabic.
- Provide direct supervision of all Security Personnel of Bonyan facilities inside Syria.
- Identify and evaluate new methodologies, technologies, and organizations that could contribute to the security department.
- Liaise on a regular basis with counterparts in similar positions across the group to share and obtain knowledge, best practices that could help improve the project acceptance.
- As instructed by the supervisor, assist in producing and updating standard operating procedures.
- Maintain and update the Security department electronic and hard filing system.
- Follow up on all administrative issues related to the safety and security department.
- Act as a focal point with donors in all related security issues in cooperation with the partnerships department
- Keep project managers updated with last security actions related to their projects.
- Ensures confidentiality of all information.
- Any other task as requested by the line manager.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Significant relevant experience would be considered.
- Familiar with the security situation in Syria, as well as the international situation related to the conflict in Syria.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of accepted Risk and Security Assessment practices and principles is highly desirable.
- Past work with NGOs and/or international donor-funded programs preferred.
- Arabic is required.
- Good command of spoken and written English is required.
- Turkish speaking/writing skills will be desirable.
- Very good computer/word processing skills.
- Data analyzing and reporting skills (MS excel, Power Bi).
- Good level of knowledge on standard office software skills.
How to apply
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to follow this link to apply https://form.bonyan.ngo/TR-Safe-Secu-Off-2052 and attach the CV (CV should be named by the full name of applicant and make sure it has been uploaded before submit).
Bunyan is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates to apply.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted through the personal Email which has been mentioned in the job application form