- June 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Position Title: Senior Expert CSA (Conflict Sensitive Analysis)
Duty Location: Remotely (with possible field visits (Iraq – Al-Qādisiyyah Governorate -Hamza District)
Type of Employment: Consultancy
Moving on is an international consultancy Company based in Tunisia and spanning its expertise, with exclusively Arabic speakers, in the MENA region. The company aims at accompanying the partners in the field of gender transformation, Human Rights, organizational development and good governance, to trigger social transformation, reduce potential harmful impacts and participate to social justice. Moving on is committed to transformation through technical support, knowledge transfer and training/coaching.
Scope of Work:
In the frame of a sanitation project implementation, the Consultant will mainly be responsible to carry out conflicts sensitive analysis including a baseline study and two update studies (mid-term project and final term) covering and following up the advancement of the project achievements in the identified fields as:
1- Literature review of the political and historical national and local context
2. Political and historical context analysis, mapping of actors, relations and stakes
– Stakeholders analysis (federal and local public authorities, private entrepreneurs, militias, tribes, clergy, etc.):
– For public actors: relations and balance of power between local public actors and federal actors in Baghdad, respective capacity to implement projects; people’s perceptions of local authorities in the region (efficiency, role, accountability, probity…);
– International and local aid actors, present or able to intervene in the area in the short / medium term; capacity of these organisations to implement, within projects, mediation activities between local public authorities and affected population (if appropriate, existing practices on this matter).
– Civil society: type of existing organisations, funding sources, scope of activities, etc.
3- Institutional analysis of the public partners (national/regional/local levels): The analysis will review the reality of the institutions’ roles and responsibilities versus the official and written regulatory arrangements.
4- Social cohesion and conflict analysis: The social fabric and its internal fractures and conflicts lines will be identified.
5. Identify dividers and connectors at different levels (national/regional/local)
6- Recommendations for the implementation of the project based on the previous analysis, keeping in mind that the project is implemented by the Iraqi administration, the Consultant shall make recommendations on: 1. Actions to be implemented as sub-components of the project, such as a communication / community engagement project component. 2. Project implementation: methods of (a) working with the relevant authorities, (b) engagement with the different actors involved, etc. 3. Monitoring and evaluation mechanism: what contextual data/indicators can be monitored during project implementation in order to ensure that the project adapts to changing contexts as it progresses and to check that sanitation project intervention does not stir up tensions.
A detailed ToR will be shared with Selected Candidates for further references.
How to apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above Qualifications and requirements are requested to send their CVs in English to: email@example.com before June 14,2022
Relief International never uses external recruitment agencies and the entire Recruitment Process is free of charge.
ECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as interviews will be done on rolling bases.
Females Candidates and qualified candidates from the targeted governorates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the requirements will be contacted. All communication will be done through MovingOn formal email: firstname.lastname@example.org