- April 11, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Senior Nutrition Program Manager
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. It is a dual mandate organization and focuses on development and emergency response. We are currently working in 120 countries around the world touching the lives of 125 million children. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children has been working in Ukraine since 2014 when conflict in the East of the Country started. we set up a response in Education. Child Protection and Reduction of Child Poverty. The post holder will provide managerial support for nutrition programming in supported areas. The post holder will be expected to manage all the nutrition grants in line with Save the Children policies and procedures, and donor requirements. The role holder will work closely with other sectors to ensure smooth implementation of the activities and regular reporting. The post holder will be roving to multiple locations where the needs are high.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Oversee project implementation to ensure timely delivery of BMS
- Provide line management support to the nutrition officers
- Manage health and nutrition program budget including OFDA, DEC budget and other donor funding to ensure program budget spend according to Save the Children protocols and donor regulations.
- Ensure monthly BvA reviews are done and expenditure checked according to the initial plan, and all program related expenditures are charged and coded correctly.
- Manage budget revisions and contribute to new proposals and programme amendments
- Lead the team to prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Work with the nutrition staff, identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team.
- Work with MEAL team to ensure that the required data is collected, reported, utilized for decision-making.
- Work with MEAL team to ensure that field staff have capacity and supported to carry out the tasks.
- To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- To ensure integration and the links between health programmes and nutrition, WASH, Protection and shelter.
- Contribute to communications and media work as required
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant management experience in emergency, fragile state or development Nutrition programmes.
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous experience of project management
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of training and capacity building staff
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of managing grants, particularly with DEC, and OFDA.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills especially with external stakeholders such as local authorities.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Language advanced skills in English
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Experience in health and nutrition program management
- An area of particular expertise within humanitarian health
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This Role is offered on the basis of International terms and conditions. Also, interviews will be held on ongoing basis, adverts will be closed once a person is identified.
For non- EU citizens; Visa is to be obtained.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yNTgyMC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20