- January 28, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence– We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Senior Political Parties Advisor (Senior Advisor) is a specialized role focused on the implementation of IRI’s political party assistance programming in advance of Iraq’s elections anticipated by year end. The Advisor reports to IRI’s Iraq Resident Program Director (RPD) and interacts with IRI Washington headquarters staff, U.S. and host country government officials and program partners. The Senior Advisor is responsible for developing a strategy for engaging with parties that is in line with IRI’s country’s strategy and manifold interventions in Iraq, as well as developing training materials, leading training workshops with political party activists and candidates, interfacing with political party leaders, and providing strategic advice and consultation on electoral campaigns, political party development, women’s and youth political participation, media, including social media, coalition building, voter education, fundraising and get-out-the-vote activities.
The Senior Advisor supports the RPD in developing program proposals and budgets, managing staff and fundraising efforts where political party engagement is concerned. Expats and third country nationals are encouraged to apply.
· Undergraduate degree and at least 10 years professional political experience on campaigns and elections. Graduate degree preferred.
· Direct experience working in a political party or on political campaigns.
· Experience in capacity building programs and projects in the Middle East and North Africa required. Previous work in Iraq and demonstrated knowledge of the functioning of institutions and governance structures in Iraq strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated international experience and familiarity with international political systems. Familiarity with the Iraqi context, politics and society preferred.
· Experience in identifying needs, developing training materials and delivering engaging trainings and workshops, particularly for political parties and candidates.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively direct or participate in complex negotiations with bilateral and/or multilateral government agencies, political party leaders, other donors or relevant audiences. Demonstrated ability to interface with high level stakeholders.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to effectively meet program needs.
· Experience identifying and analyzing complex problems and developing creative solutions.
· Experience with grant management and basic accounting experience necessary to draft and oversee a budget.
· Effective project management skills.
· Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
· Fluency in English (written and oral) required; fluency in Arabic is preferred.
· Willingness to travel and live in a challenging political environment abroad, including locations outside of Baghdad/Kurdistan.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
· Leads on the development and implementation of political party programs and activities related to political party development, campaigns and elections in collaboration with the RPD and with support from the IRI/Washington staff.
· Consults with and trains Iraqi political parties across the political spectrum to build the capacity and political skills of these organizations and individuals within them.
· Monitors and reports on political and economic developments and media responses in coordination with the RPD and the field team.
· Assists RPD with management and oversight of national staff as needed, especially those involved in political party/legislative programming
· Assists RPD with monitoring programs to ensure compliance with IRI and donor regulations.
· Assists RPD with recruitment and management of program partners, contractors, consultants and other similar collaborators.
· Monitors field program budgets, in collaboration with RPD, to ensure that expenditures remain within budget allocations.
· Develops and maintains relationships with donors, similar NGOs, political party partners and other key stakeholders.
· Represents IRI at events and meetings.
· Contributes to specified semi-annual, quarterly and final reports, new proposals, work plans and budgets in collaboration with the RPD and IRI/Washington staff.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please submit both resume and cover letter to the company website: Senior Technical Advisor (Baghdad) | Job Opportunities (ultipro.com)