- July 8, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The purpose of the Core Competence Specialist position is the technical development of the specific shelter programme, its strategic direction and appropriate quality assurance. The Shelter Specialist is also responsible for the technical mentoring, training, and capacity development of relevant staff.
What you will do:
- Develop NRC Afghanistan Shelter strategy, relevant technical guidance and macro-level logical frameworks
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends, technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Shelter, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Shelter implementation, and incorporate them in Shelter and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
What you will bring:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a senior position within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Shelter expertise, educational and work experience
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Afghanistan is an advantage
- Awareness of Global Shelter Cluster outputs and other items for development
We encourage you to learn more about this role please click here to access the Detailed Job Description
- Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.
- Please include all relevant employment history and education when completing your application. Uploaded CV’s will not be considered.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
What we provide:
- Type of contract: Fixed term contract.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC salary scale, terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Kabul – Afghanistan
- Travel: 40%
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
How to apply
If you are interested please visit NRC career page