- January 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Job Overview/Summary: The Sr. HR Manager oversees and implements the IRC Arizona’s human resource activities, providing a spectrum of services from tactical to strategic. The Sr. HR Manager is part of the Leadership Team for the IRC in Arizona and is expected to contribute to the strategic direction setting and operational problem solving through their areas of professional expertise. As the HR functional lead for the Arizona offices with IRC Regional and HQ levels; this position will need to engage closely with the Regional HR Partner to ensure compliance with all organization-wide policies and procedures. This position can be based in either of the Arizona offices.
Provide support and drive progress of key bodies of work within a broad range of people management topics:
· IRC Way: model, promote and uphold a culture of values as reflected in our code of conduct, The IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct – Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality.
· HR Knowledge: serve as a reliable source of HR policies, practices and processes in response to employee and/or supervisor requests, ensuring compliance with internal and external standards and applicable labor laws, including Arizona-specific labor law. Support the development and refinement of key HR lifecycle processes as needed.
· Employee Relations: facilitate resolution of escalated issues related to basic employee welfare needs regarding benefits, payroll, HRIS, Leaves of Absence, and general employee questions.
· Employee Relations: lead intake, make recommendations, and support resolution of sensitive employee relations matters and workplace investigations.
· Talent Acquisition: in conjunction with hiring managers, responsible for overseeing all aspects of recruitment processes including job description development, job postings, review of resumes, interviewing, reference checks, background checks, and job offers.
· Talent Acquisition: provide onboarding of new staff, with the goal to ensure new hire and orientation practices are implemented in accordance with IRC standards.
· Talent Management: participate in core talent activities as relevant and become proficient in delivering select training and development seminars.
· Talent Management: lead the development of a local talent-development strategy and oversee implementation.
· Employee Exits: monitor and intervene as necessary to ensure IRC standards are met for separation forms, exit paperwork, and exit surveys.
· HR Administration: Manage and maintain electronic office personnel records of employees and prepare all paperwork with supporting documentation for all Workday transactions to include new hires, staff transfers, supervisory changes, separations, etc.
· HR Administration: Oversee leave and attendance records for all staff; ensuring management and employees have accurate PTO data to make appropriate decisions.
· Manage the background check procedures for staff, and independent contractors.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A combination of standard office environment and remote work
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
· Occasional travel to Arizona offices required.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration; or equivalent experience
· 1-3 years Human Resources experience in an HR support function or service center.
· SPHR-CA or PHR-CA strongly preferred.
· Strong working knowledge of at least one human resource discipline including: employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, learning and development, organizational development, etc.
· Prior experience leading workplace investigations and supporting the resolution of employee relations matters strongly preferred
· Experience in a large, matrixed organization a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Foundational knowledge of HR concepts, including Federal & State employment laws
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Highly learning agile: capable to adapt quickly to change and apply new information and skills to work duties.
· Self-motivated to plan, prioritize and problem solve independently.
· Ability to build and foster effective and positive working relationship with colleagues, and maintain confidentiality to the highest degree.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience in Workday and applicant tracking systems a plus
· Facilitation, Change Management and/or Project Management experience a plus.
· Experience successfully working in a multicultural environment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
How to apply