- May 12, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
General Accounting (GENACT) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The General Accounting/Global Treasury Department, a unit of Financial Services under the Office of the CFO contributes to realizing this purpose by: Forging smart partnerships and treating all people with dignity and respect; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Facilitating team spirit among colleagues and promoting the organization through communications; Influencing decision makers through focused, relevant communications; Continually striving to learn and share knowledge and find small ways to make the workplace more enjoyable for all; Cultivating and harvesting innovation; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically at all times; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Senior Payroll Staff accountant is responsible for ensuring payroll is processed timely and accurately, and working with HR and ADP Workforcenow account manager to resolve any issues that arises during the payroll review process. The Senior Payroll Staff accountant is also responsible for ensuring new hires are properly set in Unanet timesheet management system and periodic timesheets are reviewed according to Pact timesheet management policy.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing for both US and Ex-Patriate/Third Country National employees payroll.
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, company policy, and internal controls.
- Work with various states for the state registration for Unemployment insurance.
- Act as a business partner to the Global Human Resources team, providing support in the implementation of corporate initiatives.
- Responsible for the generation of payroll related journal entries, performing account reconciliations of key payroll accounts and supporting month end close activities.
- Process timesheet reclassifications.
- Set up and grant access to new employees into Unanet timesheet management system.
- Upload proposal billing codes into Unanet.
Accounts Payable Administration
- Acting as a backup for Accounts Payable department.
- Back up for country office funding wires.
- Providing support during Internal and External audits.
- Perform other Accounts Payable and general ledger functions as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least six (6+) years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- High degree of professionalism and ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets (Excel) and database skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Familiarity with accounting software(s) – Microsoft Dynamic NAV a plus.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- A team player.
- Provide good customer service.
- Basic knowledge of USAID and other donor (multilateral and bilateral) financial requirements.
- Familiarity with A122 regulations.
- Three (3) years working knowledge of ADP payroll processing system.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click here to apply for this position.