- October 18, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
About CRS and Shelter and Settlements
Globally, in 2019, figures indicate that 68.5 million people are forcibly displaced from their homes, a number that has been steadily increasing. Over the Agency 2013-18 strategy CRS and Partners, have successfully being “recognized by the communities we serve as agencies capable of, and committed to, implementing high quality, scalable Shelter and Settlement programs, striving towards holistic and innovative programming.” Having established ourselves as leaders in this field, we are further embarking on a strategy that takes us to 2030, aligning with the UN Sustainable Development Goals using an innovative and holistic approach to Shelter and Settlement assistance. The 2030 strategy the Home and Communities is an entry point and takes human-centered approach under the vision of safe and dignified homes and communities understanding that post-disaster response requires m any facets of the “Integral Human Development framework” to be considered and supported. To find out more about our approach to Shelter and Settlements and our influence within the sector take a moment to watch this video: CRS Approach to Shelter & Settlement English
Note: This is a telecommuting position.
You will provide technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of Shelter and Settlements in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practices to Country Program (CP) teams to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your advice, knowledge, and support will contribute to determining how effective, adaptive and innovative CRS 019; Shelter and Settlements programming is across the globe.
- Significant field experience in design, planning and construction project management for owner and community driven using market-based approach.
- Familiarity with Housing Land and Property, Humanitarian to recovery shelter strategies, bid procedures, construction quality assurance and quality control system, operations and maintenance procedures for permanent shelter and various infrastructure projects is an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, knowledge-sharing networks and graphic design software and AutoCAD.
Required Languages – Strong English written and verbal skills required, French or Spanish or Arabic verbal skills an advantage.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills and strong cross-cultural & interpersonal skills, with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Good technical writing skills in both French and English language
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
When deployed to support Country Programs, the TA is expected to supervise staff as needed.
- Master’s Degree in construction-based engineering, architecture, or fields related to Shelter and settlement programming are required.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO, with minimum of two years relevant field-based experience in Shelter and Settlement program.
- Knowledge of technical principles and concepts in Shelter and Settlements program. General knowledge of other related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
- Experience in project design and proposal development in the field of Shelter and Settlement
- Knowledge in capacity strengthening best practices in the field of Shelter and Settlement Program
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation and analysis.
- Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, peer organizations, and faith-based and civil society partners. Understanding of partnership principles.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
Continuous Improvement & Innovation
Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
*Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm. CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
Application URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Z2xlbm4uYXVzbXVzLjMxNTY1LjM4MzBAY2F0aG9saWNyZWxpZWYuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t