- February 24, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info : www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
Atlas Logistique is an operational unit of HI, supporting humanitarian actors since 1993. Atlas Logistique (AL) facilitates, optimizes and accelerates the delivery of aid in emergency and chronic humanitarian situations. Our mission is to open the humanitarian space to the most difficult to access populations, and to optimize humanitarian supply chains.
We advocate an innovative vision of operational logistics, seen not as a support function of operations, but as a vector of humanitarian impact. Operational logistics makes the humanitarian aid system more efficient, more inclusive of isolated populations and more respectful of the environment. It can also contribute to the emergence of market players as levers of resilience and development in fragile countries. We are constantly rethinking our projects so that they serve this vision and our humanitarian impact mandate.
The global development of Handicap International – Atlas Logistique (HI-AL) is one of the major axes of HI’s 2015-2025 strategy. At the end of 2018, a dedicated division and team was created for this purpose. We extended our Programming from 3 to 8 countries of intervention and doubled our operational volume from 4 to 8 million Euros. The deployment of Atlas Logistique has been accompanied by a restructuring of our operations around four key sectors: shared transport and storage platforms, logistics analysis, logistics capacity building and civil engineering. They all contribute to the positioning of HI-AL as a key player in the humanitarian aid access.
In line with HI COMEX (by delegation of the HI Management Board) to triple the volume of Atlas Logistique (HI/AL) operations from 2018 to 2025, Atlas Logistique Directorate is acquiring a resource dedicated to the piloting of the HI/AL technical unit.
The HI/AL division is structured into 3 units:
- The Technical unit (7 Team Members) leads the technical and sectorial development of the HI/AL activities, supports the field Programme teams in terms of quality/accountability/relevance and operations development in countries with existing Atlas Logistique operations
- The Deployment unit (4 TMs) steers the deployment of new projects in new countries, and HI/AL emergency responses globally
- The Development unit (3 TMs) leads the global business development of HI/AL including global fundraising (and support to field fundraising), communication, advocacy, influence, networking. It also manages HI/AL HQ global projects (including the SIGNAL project)
Under the direct management of Atlas Logistique’s (HI/AL) director, you, as the Technical unit manager, lead the technical unit team and scope, your main responsibilities are:
- Strategy and action plan
- Technical unit management
- HI/AL global professional channel development:
- Supervision of the technical unit technical knowledge and projects
- Business development, liaison & representation
- Operations development of existing programming
· You have a Master’s degree in humanitarian project management or political sciences appreciated / Master’s degree in Business School
· You have at least 10 years of professional experience in an international NGO, including 5 years minimum in leading teams and projects in humanitarian and/or emergency contexts
· You have experiences as a country manager, area manager / field coordinator and/or HQ manager (previous experience with HI and/or Atlas Logistique will be appreciated)
· You have proven representation skills
· You have strong experiences in team and project management
· You got strong capacity to develop strategies, structure and monitor actions plans, set targets, follow up KPIs
· You have a very good level of French and English (written and spoken)**
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
· Permanent contract starting from April 2022
· Position based in Lyon
· Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers and health insurance
· Working hours: 39 hours a week with 9.5 weeks off to be taken each year
· Possibility Up to 3 days of teleworking per week (after 3 months of seniority)
How to apply
Only by the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JUGcUBCY?idpartenaire=136
Only successful candidates will be contacted.