- May 16, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information, and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all Secretariat Entities, Peacekeeping and Special Political missions, Agencies, Funds, and Programmes of the UN system worldwide.
This position is located in the Technology Infrastructure Support Unit (TISU) of the Infrastructure Operations Section (IOS) within the Service for Geospatial, Information, and Telecommunication Technology (SGITT) at UNGSC, Valencia, Spain.
The incumbent will report to the Chief TISU or other designated officer.
Within delegated authority, the Telecommunications Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assist in managing contracts and services in the Technology Infrastructure Support Unit.
• Supervises assigned personnel in the Unit and coordinates their activities to ensure that all tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Ensures that guidelines for Procedures, and Accountability are fully complied with as described in the various Administrative and/or Information Circulars the Administration sends to all staff members.
• Coordinates with other teams in the Unit in order to improve/automate the handling of the assigned duties.
• Oversees issues/return/handover of equipment and tools and ensures that inventory records are accurately maintained.
• Prepares recurring reports on telecommunication services accounts, noting problems resulting from excess expenditure on the unit Projects and tasks.
• Calculates and compiles cost estimates and projected budget requirements and assists in preparation of budget and audit reports.
• Prepares and delivers statements of accounts both internal and external service providers for appropriate action.
• Liaises with officials from service providers, UN agencies, Funds, and Program staff members in connection with the Unit -related matters ensuring they are in compliance with standing instructions and procedures to avoid abuse of the telecommunication system.
• Prepares business-related memoranda and facsimile correspondence in response to queries from Technology Service Provider companies, providers and staff members.
• Assesses and evaluates costs of all services received and provides reports as required, on cost trends and variations in the billing of all services being utilised.
• Addresses complaints, anomalies, queries and clarifications on the Unit’s billing procedures and structures in an efficient, effective, and polite manner.
• Ensures that clear and accurate records of all services, contracts, documentation and invoices are maintained.
• Follows up on outstanding payments and recovery of charges.
• Maintains electronic records of all expenditures for units relevant contracts, and commercial communications of the Mission and provides SGITT budget officer with this information on a regular basis.
• Maintains comprehensive configuration system , change management and correspondence for all telecommunication and Technology Infrastrucutre systems.
• Ensures that all relevant documents are scanned and electronically stored before being archived.
• Assumes responsibility for the stock of all telecommunication and technology infrastructure purchased for the unit.
• Monitors the physical inventory of stocked items on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of records and location of property.
• Issues equipment and enters the records in the control system.
• Manages and maintains a comprehensive electronic database of expendable and non-expendable items using UN enterprise system.
• Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
• Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
ITIL Foundation is desirable.
Data Center Design, Architect or installation Foundation/Basics Training is desirable.
Telephony, Data Cabling, Fiber Optics installation or testing Training are desirable.
PowerBI or PI Vision Reporting and Visualization Training is desirable.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in telecommunications network is required.
Experience in Data Center management, such as power management, HVAC systems, Water Systems, and Building Management Systems is desirable.
Experience with the Internet of Things (IoT) Platform is desirable.