- May 25, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Finance Officer has overall responsibility for the efficient operation of the Finance department, the timely delivery of monthly financial reports and coordination and communication between operational and financial supports.
This is a remote-based position, preference will be given to candidates based in Bangkok, Thailand.
This is a limited duration position, with an expected end date of 30 September 2024.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply soon.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include: ·
- Ensure that all expenditures are conducted and reported in compliance with requirements outlined by the funder and in compliance with organization’s policies and procedures;
- Prepare monthly financial reports and other reports as requested;
- Ensure that expense data is properly submitted, and that all expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable, and conform to cost principles outlined in funder regulations;
- Ensure that all project funds are secure and accounted for;
- Ensure all supporting documentation is obtained in a timely manner;
- Work with Operation/Programme team for spendings and payments for project activities.
- Prepare wire transfer requests;
- Maintain and track supporting documents for audits and verification;
- Maintain petty cash book with proper record on daily basis;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for all other relevant ledger accounts;
- Communicate and coordinate with regional and home office accounting staff, as delegated by Finance Manager;
- Communicate with relevant staff for any updates of organization financial policies;
- Conduct inventory surprise check on quarterly basis;
- In all duties, uphold Internews’ Core Values and demonstrate commitment to fostering a culture of Belonging, Dignity, and Justice.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or internationally recognized professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, administration or another closely related field
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience including at least 3 years’ experience in finance and accounting, with excellent understanding of finance and accounting related issues
- Strong spoken and written English fluency and fluency in Thai regional langue(s).
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and maintain effective (remote) communication with colleagues
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Familiarity with internet resources, Excel, Word, Outlook and knowledge of accounting software; familiarity with ERP software desirable
- Ability to deliver results and collaborate with team members against tight
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.