- June 29, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
A versatile position within a dynamic nonprofit that provides relief to survivors of natural disasters. The position is full-time and is responsible for efficiently and effectively coordinating volunteers across multiple programs and providing leadership to Volunteer Relations Coordinators while putting the volunteer experience at the forefront, both when preparing volunteers for their time on program and while on the ground.
- Reports to Senior Volunteer Coordination Manager
- Roles reporting to position Volunteer Relations Coordinator(s)
- Approximate number of reports 2-5
- Guides and supports volunteers as they prepare for program setting volunteers up for a successful and positive volunteer experience.
- Responsible for ensuring that volunteer applications for relevant programs are processed and handled appropriately.
- Responsible for recruitment and training of Volunteer Relations Coordinators and implementing a system of regular personnel evaluations.
- Responsible for pre-arrival communication with prospective and incoming volunteers, ensuring all inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain volunteer information working with the program team to ensure it is accurate and up to date and setting clear expectations for prospective volunteers.
- Maintains the accuracy of volunteer coordination data.
- Provides regular reports and updates to the Senior Volunteer Coordination Manager on the progress of the Volunteer Coordination on relevant programs.
- Have strategic input on the direction of the Volunteer Coordination strategy.
- To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? No
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? No
- Education Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Related Experience A minimum of 6 months of experience working in volunteer coordination. Customer service experience. Experience in a professional setting. International travel experience, preferably in developing countries.
- Volunteer Experience Experience as a volunteer on an All Hands and Hearts program.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Excellent written and oral communication skills and confidence working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, and Salesforce (or similar CRM). The applicant needs to be well organized and have a flexible approach to managing multiple tasks and prioritizing them appropriately. Must have outstanding leadership and delegation skills. Must have a sophisticated and developed management style. The individual is able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Based remotely in-home office. Travel required 30% of the time. When traveling to programs; communal living environment.
Compensation & Benefits (Off-program roles only)
- Compensation Typical starting range: $33,000 – $36,000, which will be based on skills and experience. Annual performance based pay increases may be available, up to a salary maximum of $43,500 for U.S. based employees.
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance for U.S. staff
- 401K with safe harbor match for U.S. staff
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.