- October 1, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Tetra Tech International Development Services is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Sector team. We assist governments, the private sector, civil society organizations, and communities in developing economies to expand the provision of market-based, affordable, and inclusive drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene services. Tetra Tech has ongoing water and sanitation programming in more than 15 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. The successful candidate will contribute to business development, project delivery, external communications, and client diversification.
This position is preferably based in Arlington, Virginia or Burlington, Vermont, with consideration of remote, US-based locations.
* Lead complex proposals in response to WASH sector opportunities in developing countries;
* Develop and implement thought leadership, marketing, and communications interventions;
* Provide contract technical and administrative oversight and management to ensure high quality and timely project delivery;
* Travel regularly to provide technical assistance to projects, and to provide management and training support to project field staff, including project start-up and close-out;
* Represent Tetra Tech to clients in the US and developing countries;
* Assess and pursue WASH sector client diversification opportunities; and
* Supervise and mentor junior sector staff members as required.
* Graduate degree in a relevant discipline (i.e. resource economics, urban planning, engineering, water resources management, international affairs, finance) required;
* Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience working on increasingly complex drinking water and wastewater issues in developing countries, with emphasis on water utility performance, WASH sector investment mobilization, WASH enterprise development and/or sanitation market development;
* Prior successful experience writing complex technical proposals;
* Experience managing and supervising large, complex WASH projects in developing countries;
* Demonstrated intellectual leadership and contributions in the WASH sector;
* Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction, through technical excellence of deliverables and/or managerial strengths in scope, schedule, and budget;
* Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams – in the Home Office and the field – with strong written, oral, and presentation skills;
* This position requires frequent short-term international field work (roughly 20%), including potential travel to conflict and post-conflict countries;
* Advanced professional proficiency in French, Portuguese, or Arabic is strongly preferred;
* Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism; and
* Ability to work in the US without employer sponsorship.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
*A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
*CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech International Development Services ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/39O09ky
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.