- August 24, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The Youth Education Aide is responsible for assisting the Youth Education Team with planning, reporting, and grant maintenance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with planning and tracking programs to support department programming.
- Prepare accurate and timely case notes, reports, and assessments for timely documentation and organization of client interactions and services provided, maintained, and updated in the case files.
- Track new arrivals and referrals to set up case files in multiple software.
- Maintain and update client information and services in the case files and multiple software.
- Prepare program reports (quantitative and narrative) required by active funding sources.
- Compile feedback on services provided and prepare recommendations.
- Prepare and send referrals for external services and receive, organize, and follow up on referrals to the department.
- Participate in program meetings, staff development activities, and actively engage as a team member.
- In collaboration with refugee resettlement stakeholders, support efforts that contribute to the sustainability of new and established successful program initiatives.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and protocols of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required; some university education preferred.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills are required.
- Previous experience working with refugees or other diverse populations preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; bilingual ability preferred.
- Cross-cultural understanding and strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with lived experience as refugee or immigrant or, in lieu of lived experience, experience working with refugees and/or immigrants or experience working cross-culturally.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a multicultural environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, and access to reliable transportation.
- In accordance with Arizona State Law, must possess or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.