- March 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Your main objective is to guarantee the quality, relevance and scaling of the Nutrition and Health strategy interventions at the mission, in conformity with ACF, international standards, and national policies, to respond to the Ukrainian crisis.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
– Contributing to the definition of the country strategy and the Nutrition & Health departement’s positioning
– Coordinating the identification of needs, and formulating the project proposals
– Designing, developing, and evaluating actions in the field of nutrition and health
– Monitoring and coordinating programmes in the fields of nutrition and health
– Managing/supporting the Nutrition and Health team if any
– Representing Action Contre la Faim and its positioning at the local level, including coordination and collaboration with other actors
You have a medical background with a specialization in nutrition, public health, or general medicine, with at least 5 years of experience in humanitarian contexts, including at least 3 years in a coordination position.
You have a demonstrated experience in the management of malnutrition, healthcare organizations support, and in the implementation of humanitarian responses in an emergency context (with emphasis in community-based prevention activities as well as in maternal and child health).
You have some knowledge in cash and vouchers programming for health
You are recognised for your communication skills with partners and authorities, with proven writing skills (project writing, reporting, etc).
A former experience with ACF and an understanding of either Polish or Ukrainian is a plus
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
This position is subject to fundings, and the place of performance of the contract is in Ukraine with frequent travels to the neighboring countries:
– 3 to 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800EUR upon experience
– Monthly allowance to be determined, paid in the field (per diem + food allowance which amounts vary according to the standard of living in the country)
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– Regional Allowance: 5% of the basic salar
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here