- February 7, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Department – Human Resource
Country (ies) – South Sudan
Duty Station – Juba, South Sudan with frequent Travels to field locations
Expected Start Date – 1st March, 2024
Duration of Contract – 12 months
Reporting to – HR Manager – South Sudan
Contract Type – This is a National Position
Vétérinaires Sans Frontières – Germany (VSF Germany) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international Organization, engaged in the field of veterinary relief and development work providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, and food safety, VSFG works towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities. VSF Germany implements activities in Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Uganda and Somalia.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified and well experienced staff for the position of Admin Assistant to be based at VSF Germany office at Juba, South Sudan. The holder of this position will have an overall financial oversight for all projects implemented in South Sudan Country Program under VSF Germany. The pay range for this position attracts a maximum of $1,400 per month gross with placement determined by the level of experience as assessed during the recruitment process. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the HR Manager in dissemination of HR policies, rules, regulations and standard operating procedures to all staff in the country program;
- Support the HR Manager to ensure that staff understand VSFG Hand book, HR standards, system and procedures;
- Promote VSFG team culture in all program locations by engaging teams; encouraging staff to uphold the principles and values of VSFG;
- With the support from HR and Admin Manager, lead the implementation of effective and robust HR systems and processes while enforcing good HR practices in all program locations;
- Promote staff awareness and literacy on PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) to ensure compliance at all times;
- Build synergies with heads of departments and project managers in ensuring that the Country Office Gender Equity and diversity portfolio agrees with the South Sudan Country plans of having equal representation of all tribes in employment opportunities;
- Perform a proper vetting of reference, Anti-terrorist checking before offer is given out to avoid recruitment of non-authorized persons and outlaws into the organization.
- Manage staff entry and exit; ensuring all new employees receive comprehensive induction while all separating staff are cleared properly and all obligations settled promptly; including their removal from payroll, email and other systems as the case may apply; and
- Maintain accurate staff information on excel for smooth record keeping of staff data.
Recruitment and Induction
- Liaise with the hiring managers and respective heads of departments in ensuring that all recruitments at the CO are completed on timely manner;
- Prepare and implement new hire induction schedule within one week of employee hire;
- Support in the development of shortlisting criteria for all Juba based positions and provide similar support to the field level;
- Share the shortlisting criteria with both hiring manager and panel members for scoring;
- Support the HR and Admin Manager in updating the recruitment tracker that will be shared to all hiring managers and heads of departments on weekly basis;
- Ensure that all interview questions are incorporated into the standard interview matrix to guarantee harmonization of HR process across the board;
- Support the HR and Admin Manager in promoting staff adherence to the VSFG recruitment policy, the labor law and the current recruitment guidelines from the Ministry of Labor;
- Provide support to the HR and Admin Manager by ensuring that all new employees are reflected in the payroll and all documentations are completed on time and share as backups for payrolls;
- With support from HR and Admin Manager, conduct all new staff orientation and induction processes both at Juba and field level;
- Prepare new/ renewal contracts for staff; and notifications to staff whose contracts are due to end/ lapse;
- Process electronic filing by creating folders for every individual and scan documents and save in those folders, payroll, etc.;
- Maintain staff personal files by ensuring accuracy and completeness of staff employment information regarding personal data, remuneration, benefits and welfare issues
- Ensure complete and accurate field records are submitted to Juba – especially on recruitment.
Required documentation for international staff to stay in country
- Support the HR and Admin Manager by making sure that all the international staff have valid documents to operate in South Sudan
- Prepare international staff tracker for all the international staff for easy monitoring of their documents.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following qualifications apply for this position; acquired through a combination of formal, self-education, prior experience and/or on-the-job training:
Minimum Qualification required: A Diploma in Business administration, Organizational psychology, Organization Development, Business management, or in any other related field.
- Experience of at least 3 years with INGOs.
- Understanding of South Sudan Statutory laws
- A minimum of 3 years NGO experience in human resource management preferably in emergency relief services.
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to function as a technical expert and an effective business partner
- Good listening, understanding and communication skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating staff training and capacity building.
- Experience in use of electronic HR systems and high-level computer skills especially in databases and spreadsheets.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral English language.
- Strong communications skills in spoke Arabic.
- Willingness to travel and work in field offices
Internal – VSF G staff in South Sudan
All units in the Operations Dept. (IT, Finance, Logistics & Security; Audit, IT, etc.)
External – SRRC, Ministry of Labor, Insurance Companies, Medical Institutions, NGO Forum, HRWG, Collaborating Government Departments
Administratively, the position reports to the HR and Admin Manager.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter indicating current pay and CV plus 3 names of referees (one of them being their immediate supervisor) with their full contacts through https://forms.gle/n5RjNZu7YcjHUAzp8 Indicate the job Title ‘Admin Assistant’ on the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Closing date for receiving applications is 19th February, 2024. VSF Germany is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DON’T SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees, or recommendation letter as you will provide them up on request only. Make sure you also clearly state the job position on the cover of envelop and or application letter.
Due to the urgency, assessments of the applications will be an ongoing basis as applications are received.
VSF Germany does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.