- August 2, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
The humanitarian aid organization Ärzte der Welt e. V. is the German division of the international network Médecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM). The 17 national members of the network implement domestic and international health care projects, currently almost 340 projects in 75 countries around the world.
MdM provides emergency medical aid in disaster and crisis situations, supports access to health care and, if possible, assists with reconstruction measures. The network is also active in risk reduction and preparedness as well as long-term development co-operations in neglected regions around the world that receive little public attention. MdM ensures that its health services are provided equally to the most vulnerable citizens, refugees, internally displaced people and host communities, regardless of their ethnic, social, religious or political background.
MdM has been operating in Eastern Ukraine since 2015, targeting the most vulnerable communities and people affected by the ongoing conflict by improving access and quality of health care services for the population in Luhansk Oblast and Donetsk Oblast.
Since the Russian invasion in February 2022 MdM has restructured its setting in Ukraine and adjusted the programme accordingly. Currently four MdM chapters are active in Ukraine (MdM Spain (network lead), MdM France, MdM Greece and MdM Germany). The MdM network maintains a coordination office in Kiev and each MdM chapter manages field offices in its geographical areas. MdM Germany’s programme is covering the Oblasts Donetsk, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia with field offices in Dnipro and Vinnytsia. The emergency response in Ukraine is currently implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH and MHPSS) to IDPs/host communities/communities close to the front line and strengthening the local health system through distribution of medicines and medical supplies to health care facilities, rehabilitation of health care facilities as well as targeted capacity building measures.
In support of our work in Donetsk Oblast, Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia Oblast, MdM Germany is looking for an experienced Administrative Coordinator to be based in Dnipro.
We search for
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the overall Financial, HR and Administrative Management in the country of operations as per MdM, donors and legal requirements. He/she will lead the financial, HR and administrative department and strengthen it by updating and ensuring adequate implementation of policies, procedures and tools.
- Supervise the accountancy (accountancy software: WINPACCS) at all locations and be responsible for the monthly closure.
- Forecast and monitor actual expenses within the monthly budget control overview according to MdM GE regulations and in line with donor budgets.
- Ensure proper cash flow and liquidities in the mission.
- Improve and adapt the accounting and financial monitoring system in line with MdM GE tools and procedures.
- Be responsible for preparing donor budgets in cooperation with the project team.
- Be responsible for preparing financial reports (interim, final) to donors in a timely manner.
- Supervise and/or carry out the recruitment processes of national staff.
- Lead the staff review process and update of the organigramme of the mission.
- Ensure that a standard salary scale and per diem policy is in place and regularly updated.
- Ensure that general HR administration proceduresfor national staff are in place and in compliance with the country’s labor code and MdM GE standards.
- In cooperation with the General Coordinator, oversee that all staff is trained and adheres to the MdM network Code of Conduct, Anti-fraud and Corruption policy, PSEAH policy and other internal rules.
- Supervise, coordinate and control salary payments.
- Supervise process of obtaining (renewal) visa, TRP and registration in Ukraine for international staff.
- Ensure compliance with all local government taxation and labour law regulations.
Legal and Administrative Management
- Ensure compliance with all local legal requirements.
- Follow-up on government demands and decrees that have a direct impact on the work of MdM Germany in Ukraine.
- Facilitate the link between MdM Germany and the registration authorities.
- Supervise the preparation of the various contracts (rental contracts, service providers…).
- Ensure partners compliance with donors’ regulations on financial management, check financial reports.
- Ensure proper archive of partners financial documents.
- Support and train partners finance focal persons on donor rules and regulations.
Leadership and Team Management
- Recruit, supervise and train all administrative staff.
- Define training needs and provide guidance on professional development for the administrative staff.
Hierarchical & Functional links
- The Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the General Coordinator in Dnipro. S/he manages an admin team of 5 local staff members in Dnipropetrovsk and Vinnytsia Oblast. S/he has the direct communication line with the Programme Administrator in HQ.
Your professional Profile
- Higher education in finance, in business administration or related field,
- At least 4 years expierence at a similar position with demonstrable ability to lead a team on a complex environment, including at least 2 years expierence in an INGO
- Expierence in working with intitutional donors (e.g. GFFO, BMZ, ECHO),
- Expierence in capacity building,
- Experience in developing partnerships and working with local partner organizations is an asset,
- Knowledge of WINPACCS is a strong asset,
- Expierence in post-soviet country is an asset,
- Fluency in English (written and verbaly) is needed and advanced Ukrainian and/or Russian is a strong asset
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, especially in Excel.
Your personal profile
- Capacity to live and work in challenging conditions,
- High level of mental and physical resilience and ability to cope with a high level of workload,
- Strong leadership, people management and mentoring skills
- Excellent organizational and planing capacity.
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Good team work and networking skills.
- You are comitted to MdM’s values.
Conditions of employment / What we offer
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Length of the contract: 12 months with possibility to extend
- Duty station: Dnipro or Vinnytsia with visits to other field locations.
- Salary: according to MdM Germany’s terms and conditions
- An exciting and challenging job in an internationally recognised non-profit organisation where you can make a difference.
- A collegial and professional team and excellent support from HQ
- A creative environment with room for new ideas and possible development in the position
- Cooperation with our colleagues in the internationally recognised MdM network.
How to apply
Please apply via our application tool.
For questions regarding the post, please contact Julia Brunner firstname.lastname@example.org
+49 (0)89 45 23 081 297
Our aim as an organisation is to reflect the diversity of the people we support. We therefore explicitly encourage people with a migration history, people of colour, people with disabilities and people of all ages, genders, sexual identities and ethnic or social backgrounds to apply.