- March 7, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. ACTED interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their 3,300 staff are committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED has been operational in Somaliland since 2009, actively delivering life-saving assistance coupled with resilience and recovery programming to communities. Programmatic interventions to date have been implemented in several sectors, including food security and livelihoods, WASH, shelter and non-food items, and camp coordination and camp management (CCCM). ACTED is further one of the major cash actors operating in Somaliland, actively providing critical relief for vulnerable households by the provision of cash transfers, both as a response to food insecurities and multi-sectoral needs.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Appraisal Monitoring Evaluation (AME) Officer position based in Hargeisa with occasional travels to the field on a fixed contract basis**.** This position will be reporting the AME Manager. This position is to report in April 2022.
Under the supervision of the Appraisal Monitoring Evaluation Manager, the AME Officer will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading the central and project-specific databases, conducting data analysis, and supporting the design of various database tools and strategies.
The main objective of this role is to create and maintain appropriate databases for all projects, in line with ACTED AME guidelines; and provide accurate, reliable and insightful data analysis as required
Duties and Responsibilities
Database Management System Implementation
- Maintain the country’s central and project-specific databases;
- Ensure all data is entered and updated in the databases and tables ;
- Support the AME Manager/officer and Monitors/Surveyors in ensuring that data is collected in a timely and accurate manner according to the reporting and monitoring requirements;
- Check the quality of the data submitted by field staff;
- Perform data cleaning when needed; liaise with field staff regarding missing data, eventual mistakes, data discrepancies and/or inconsistencies;
- Ensure proper filing of hard and soft copies of survey questionnaires, lists of beneficiaries or other data collection tools or documents;
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the databases as required;
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability;
- Provide database technical support to ACTED teams, and troubleshoot both hardware and software issues; and
- Ensure databases align with data protection and confidentiality principles.
- Verify the accuracy of the data collected during assessments;
- Clean data collected during assessments and flag any issues to the relevant departments;
- Extract queries, figures, and reports from the database;
- Generate data visualization such as charts, graphs, tables to be included in communication tools, reports, assessments and any other documents as per needs;
- In collaboration with the AME Officer, provide data analysis of projects’ activities and assessment data;
- Support the improvements of the data collection tools and processes and pilot new ideas with assessment teams in the field.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Participate in database-related workshops and meetings as required; and
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience Required
- A Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science or closely related to field
- Proficient understanding of AME, including the ability to work effectively with tight timelines, high quality standards, and demanding, potentially overlapping priorities.
- Experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for humanitarian and development initiatives/interventions.
- Excellent analytical skills in order to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
- Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with humanitarian organizations is an asset.
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written).
- Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
- High level of integrity, transparency and honesty.
How to apply
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 19th March 2022 with the subject line “AME_DATABASE OFFICER – HARGEISA”
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer **