- November 21, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
ACTED is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. The commitment of ACTED and that if our teams is guided by 4 core values: (1) Responsibility: we ensure the efficient and responsible delivery of humanitarian aid with the means and the resources that have been entrusted to us. (2) Impact: we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. (3) Enterprising-spirit: we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges. (4) Inspiration: we strive to inspire all those around us through our vision, values, approaches, choices, practice, actions, and advocacy.
ACTED’s greening strategy aims to tackle environmental degradation and climate change while meeting the needs of the most vulnerable who are often those most affected by the deepening environmental crisis. Each ACTED employee will adhere to these principles through key green programming responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the adherence and development of the greening strategy plan.
- Explore innovative green programming opportunities and/or solutions within your realm of responsibilities and roles
- Encouraging and promoting environmental safeguarding processes and environmental programming standards in accordance with SOPs and technical guideline notes
ACTED PSEAH Policy:
(Area HR/Admin Assistant) has the responsibility to adhere to the PSEAH Policy (Protection against Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment). The (Area HR/Admin Assistant) has the obligation to complete all mandatory trainings related to the Code of Conduct and the PSEA policy and report any safeguarding concern such as breaches of organisational policies or codes of conduct according to ACTED’s procedures. The (Area HR/Admin Assistant) carries out work duties in a way that does not harm children, vulnerable adults or other staff or volunteers.
The HR Assistant works under the direct supervision of the HR Officer/Senior HR Officer and is responsible for supporting the HR operations according to standardized HR Manual guidelines. In addition, the HR assistant is also responsible for providing assistance to HR Officer in his/her duties, such as recruitment, Titanic preparation and enumerator follow-up.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Admin Officer in order to make sure that all Admin FLAT procedures are implemented and followed regularly.
- Follow up the premises contract with HR Officer and contact the owners for payment after consulting the finance department for availability of funds.
- Ensure ACTED HR rules, regulations and procedures as described in the HR Manual are in place at Amuda Office.
- Coordinate with other departments to prepare order form of stationary and share with HR Officer to follow up procedures.
- Prepare the table of Authorized signatures and share with HR Officer.
- Responsible to update the contract list and share it with the team on a monthly basis.
- Arrangement of meetings (Meeting room/ensuring participants are on time/providing stationeries for the meeting if needed…)
- Assist HR Officer in management of staff in Area Office & sub offices.
- Control & checking of national staff attendance sheet of staff on daily basis.
- Assist HR Officer to prepare employment contracts for new staff and contract extension/amendment in case of renewal.
- Follow up on national staff leaves and update it to the leave follow up tracker, share it with head of departments on a monthly basis.
- Follow up of staff Appraisal forms and assist the HR Officer in categorizing and filing it accordingly as per HR Manual.
- Ensure all staff are aware of modifications to the HR Manual and have all signed Code of Conduct
- Update the contact list in monthly basis, and ensure to share it with all staff
Titanic Follow up:
- Sharing necessary papers (attendance sheet, leave forms, etc.) with HR Officer to prepare Titanic (Staff Report).
- Upload and save all the above documents to the network server on monthly basis for FLAT to review to be able to approve the monthly HR Titanic at country level.
- Assist HR Officer in order to make sure the HR FLAT procedures are implemented and following regularly.
- Collecting of necessary paper for service contract staff (attendance sheet, ID, etc.) and prepare the service contract/titanic monthly.
- Arrange for test & interviews
- Support HR recruiters in conducting reference checks
- Share new advertisement internally and externally according to ACTED procedures
- Responsible for onboarding arrangements (collect new joiner’s documents, sign contract, sing ACTED required documents, arrange inductions, etc.)
- Set up the Filing system in country in respect to standard filling system.
- Responsible to update all related HR/admin documents on server regularly
- Print and scan documents and upload it into server
- Ensure that all staff have personal folders complete and contain (contract, CV, Staff History, Job Application form, Leave forms, certificates, diploma and other required documents).
- Ensuring all parts of the recruitment process (interview grid, selection, long-list etc.) are fully documented and filed accordingly.
Any other tasks assigned by the Senior HR Office & HR Officer.
- Key Performance Indicators
• % success rate of inductions and orientations
• % of set up the filling system and success of organizing server
• % of finalizing the HR/Administrative reports in timely manner
• % of assisting in payroll system
- College degree as minimum (Diploma or bachelor’s degree in law, business administration, finance, or any related field).
- Minimum of one year’s experience in general, preferable working in a similar field.
- NGOs/INGOs experience is preferable.
- Preferable having basics of English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good command of Microsoft office suite (i.e., word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants must apply by fill the application form at this link.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
“ACTED applies a strict “hiring no first and second-degree relatives” policy. All applicants have to declare any relatives when applying, failure to do so will automatically result in a rejection of his/her candidacy.
“تطبق منظمة اكتد سياسة صارمة بشأن عدم توظيف أقارب من الدرجة الأولى والثانية. يجب على جميع المتقدمين لوظائف اكتد الافصاح و الاعلان عن أي صلة قرابة عند التقديم ، وسيؤدي عدم القيام بذلك تلقائيًا إلى رفض طلب الترشيح للوظيفةا.**”*