- August 23, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
VACANCY REFERENCE: FA-BA -028
The Budgeting & Reporting Finance Assistant plays a vital role in supporting the finance team by assisting with budget preparation, financial analysis, and reporting tasks within an ISLAMIC RELIEF SYRIA TURKEY MISSION. This position involves collaborating with various departments to ensure accurate financial data and timely reporting for humanitarian and development projects. And He will report to the Finance Officer in the Bab Al-Hawa office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Budgeting and Reporting:
Supporting the Finance team on the following:
- Prepare and maintain the financial reports & BVA schedule as per the shared agreements with the donors.
- Assist Budgeting & Reporting finance officer to prepare BvAs for projects and check the project balances.
- Support the Budgeting & Reporting finance officer to prepare the Project Fund request as per policy.
- Assist Budgeting & Reporting finance officer to prepare Final Financial Report for projects.
- Assist Budgeting & Reporting finance officer to prepare FO Support Charge at the Final Financial Report stage.
- Assist Budgeting & Reporting finance officer to prepare budgeting for projects.
- Supporting finance team to collect and organize related budgeting & reporting financial documents & soft copies vouchers as per donor requirements as per the archiving policy.
- Other required duties might be required.
- Support the Monthly Closures and assist the finance officer to prepare the Monthly Fund reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in finance or accounting roles within the NGO.
- Familiarity with budgeting processes, donor compliance, and reporting for humanitarian projects is a plus.
- Solid grasp of financial principles and concepts in the context of INGOs.
- Exceptional attention to detail in data entry and analysis.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Fluent in English & fluent in Arabic (written and spoken).
- The Turkish Language will be preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, and Word are a must) and other financial software.
The post holder must show a good understanding and sympathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to Islamic Relief Worldwide’s vision and mission.
- Strong ability to work with team and work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Being respectful and flexible.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties and tasks.
How to apply
- If you are reliable, service-minded, discreet, dedicated, and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by completing the application form from the following link before the closing date.
- Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the job application on the following link before 3rd Sep 2023 at 5:00 pm. before the closing date.
Please complete all the fields in the application link and submit it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused.
Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants by those standards.