- February 12, 2024
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Background and Partner Organisation
Bread for the World is establishing the Civil Peace Service (CPS) program in Sri Lanka to strengthen civil society and consolidate peace. One focus of the program is to overcome interreligious and interethnic conflicts through dialogue. Furthermore, it contributes to a Sri Lankan concept for overcoming trauma and tensions of mistrust.
The partner organization National Fisheries Solidarity Organization (NAFSO) is committed to sustainably securing the rights of disadvantaged groups, especially in traditional fishing communities. These belong to the particularly poor population groups that have unequal access to resources, leading to many conflicts. In order to make these groups heard, NAFSO works at a political level of campaigning and lobbying.
NAFSO works closely with grassroots organizations and its established youth groups in 15 districts. Through collaborative efforts, lobbying has effectively influenced the fishing industry to incorporate provisions from international conventions on maritime law and labor standards. The advancement of political discourse and campaigns promoting marine resource conservation and sustainable fishing practices, with consideration for the livelihoods of small-scale fishing communities, is now a priority.
Taking this into consideration, the organization seeks a dedicated campaign manager to enhance lobbying and advocacy efforts, particularly through social media platforms predominantly utilized by young demographics. Media campaigns should aim to bolster the political, social, and economic awareness of both young individuals and women, thereby shaping their perspectives.
The position is located in Negombo, Sri Lanka.
You will contribute through creative methods and tools into the planning, design, implementation and subsequent evaluation of national campaigns and promote cooperation and coordination between different groups by:
- Strengthening media activities and cooperation with existing media platforms, involving women’s groups and especially young people as media experts
- Awareness-raising measures, education and public relations work for a differentiated understanding of the civil war and ethnic and religious differences
- Implementation of exchange programs between community representatives of different ethnic and religious groups
- Improving the analytical and communication skills of colleagues, women’s groups and young people
- Support in researching and defining content and objectives
- Supporting documentation and publication and ensuring the veracity of published information in order to avoid disinformation and the exacerbation of conflicts in the country
- A relevant university degree
- Sound knowledge and experience in social media in the non-profit-sector
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Enjoy empowering young people in a conflict-sensitive context
- Improvisational skills and flexibility in a dynamic environment
- Interest in mutual learning in an intercultural context
- Openness and motivation to integrate into the culture of Sri Lanka and to travel for business
Citizenship of a Member State of the European Union or Switzerland is required.
Benefits provided by Bread for the World and Dienste in Übersee
Bread for the World provides a framework in which the professionals of Dienste in Übersee share their knowledge and skills with people of another culture.
Supportive cooperation, mutual learning and intercultural exchange are enabled by:
- Individual preparation
- Three year contract with benefits in accordance with the German Development Aid Workers Act
How to apply
Please upload your application now.