- October 17, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
As the Campaigner for Sudan and South Sudan you will tackle issue like freedom of expression, association and assembly, gender and intersectional justice, and economic, social and cultural rights among other human rights issues primarily in Sudan and South Sudan and sub-regionally and regionally.
You will develop effective strategic campaign plans, create compelling campaign material for a range of audiences, write reports and public statements, create content for digital platforms to raise awareness and mobilise the Amnesty movement to act and for human rights change. You will monitor impact and constantly explore ways of improvement while staying up to date with latest human rights development.
Based in Nairobi and reporting to the Deputy Regional Director Campaigns, you will work closely with colleagues in the international secretariat, build networks with external actors to ensure maximum impact.
To undertake this role effectively, you will be an experienced strategic campaigner with good knowledge of human rights in the region. You possess demonstratable experience in designing and executing effective campaigns, communicating complex information effectively, motivate, and inspiring others to activism. You will have experience in digital activism including designing campaigning tools and content appropriate for online activism mobilisation.
- To write or otherwise devise campaigning and other materials for external and internal use, such as reports, annual report entries, public statements, web features, audio-visual materials and government correspondence.
- To monitor and analyse political and human rights developments and conduct research as appropriate into human rights contexts and individual cases.
- To communicate AI’s concerns, positions and key messages to AI’s membership, civil society organisations and at other forums
- Lead on the development and implementation of specific campaigning strategies to support overarching research and campaigning strategies.
- To support and liaise with AI membership structures and maintain and develop networks of national and international NGOs and other external partners in the development and implementation of campaigning strategies and plans.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of strategic campaigning
- Knowledge of the region, sub-region in general and a specialist knowledge in relation to specific countries or other geographical areas or thematic issues in your brief
- Ability to understand and express ideas in English and, where applicable, other relevant languages in the region and countries of focus in a fluent, clear, and concise way, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to represent AI in a variety of forums, particularly with civil society and the AI membership.
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights.
Please see attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.