- March 21, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
As one of the few INGOs with an operational presence in Ukraine, we are already responding with initial life-saving activities in the Donetsk and Luhansk Regions, with the intention to scale-up assistance in the central and western regions of Ukraine. We have also launched a programme to support refugees arriving in Moldova, where we also already have a presence, and are investigating a further response in Poland.
We are now seeking passionate, professional and experienced humanitarian professionals to support our response to the crisis. We are looking for talent which thrives in collaborating with others (inside HelpAge International and beyond) and who can work in agile ways and across boundaries.
Key areas for impact/influence and responsibilities:
- The Cash and Markets Adviser will ensure Cash and voucher programmes are of high quality, technically sound and responsive to the needs of older people and their families in HelpAge’s response in Ukraine, Moldova and Poland.
- Provide technical guidance on cash and voucher prorgrammes at all stages of the program cycle (assessments, grant and proposal writing, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation);
- Work collaboratively in a team of technical specialists and advisors across sectors and cross-cutting issues; Support the development of technical guidance for Cash and Vouchers in the Ukraine humanitarian response
- Provide technical capacity building to HelpAge staff and partner organisations through coaching, mentoring, and on-the-job training during field’s visits and remotely on best practice Cash and Voucher activities and approaches in emergency situations
- Represent HelpAge International at relevant regional meetings with governmental donor agencies, various UN Agencies, as well as conferences and meetings relating to cash programming
- Develop appropriate reporting systems for data collection, analysis and follow up and support with donor reporting on cash and voucher activities
- Assist the MEAL team and provide any technical support required during MEAL activities related to Cash and voucher activities
Lets talk about you:
You will be someone with:
- 7+ year of relevant and progressive professional experience.
- Previous field experience in cash programming, preferably in complex humanitarian settings including in rapid emergency responses
- The ability to effectively analyse complex problems and find solution that would have a positive impact on the lives of older people and their families
- Good written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and representation skills and previous experience of networking with other organisations involved in cash programming
- Proven experience in capacity building
- Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
- Fluent spoken and written Russian
- Previous experience of working in Eastern Europe and/or Ukraine
- Previous experience of working with older people
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter to Helpage-HR@helpage.org
Due to the urgent need to fill this position we will be shortlisting as and when we receive applications