- November 21, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Location: TBD, Myanmar or Thailand
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The U.S Agency for International Development Mission in Burma (USAID/Burma) will be supporting an anticipated activity, entitled “All Youth Learning” that will be implemented over a period of five years. The Activity will aim to strengthen the foundational literacy, numeracy, livelihoods, and life skills of targeted vulnerable youth in Burma, enabling them to become positive change agents as individuals, within their families and communities, and to the benefit of the larger society.
Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Myanmar. The COP will be responsible for overall vision and technical leadership and management of the project.
- Oversee technical implementation and operational management of the activity.
- * Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- * Serve as primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, and key education stakeholders in country, including governmental representatives, civil society organizations, and other donor-funded implementing partners.
- * Determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments, in conjunction with USAID and Creative Headquarters.
- * Oversee and ensure technical soundness in overall approach and project activities; ensure that GESI principles and local capacity strengthening are fully integrated into implementation.
- * Oversee project operational, financial, and administrative systems and processes, ensuring streamlined and compliant project management.
- * Establish and foster collaborative partnerships with organizations working in education, youth development, and related subjects; oversee the coordination of implementing partners.
- * Supervise, mentor, and manage team diverse program team to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- * Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in education, or related field.
- * Minimum 10 years of experience designing and implementing education or youth programs of similar scope and scale.
- * Minimum five years of progressively increasing management experience (COP, DCOP, or equivalent) on donor-funded projects in the education sector; USAID experience preferred.
- * Experience and expertise in non-formal education and youth programming; experience in crisis and conflict settings preferred.
- * Demonstrated knowledge and application of relevant USAID policies and strategies, including USAID’s Education Policy; Gender Equality and Female Empowerment Policy; Youth in Development Policy; and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting-Framework.
- * Experience in and commitment to creating equal education opportunities for girls, children with disabilities, and other children at risk of discrimination or marginalization.
- * Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with civil society organizations, education/training institutions, private sector actors, implementing partners, international donors, and other stakeholders.
- * Demonstrated leadership skills and experience working in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- * Experience working in the region highly preferred.
- * Professional fluency in English; fluency in Myanmar language desired.
- Position contingent upon donor funding.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.