- December 18, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party – Global Fund Project Nicaragua: HIV and Tuberculosis (TB) Combined Grant, you will provide oversight and technical leadership, administration, fiscal management, and grant and contract administration and management, assuring quality, impact and cost effectiveness. You will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. You will ensure an integrated vision among different components and implementing partners, and a focus on achieving the results as defined in the grant contract with the donor and promote an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect. You will have an overall responsibility of managing all staff of the Global Fund Unit (PRMU).
You will work collaboratively with Ministry of Health (MOH) of the Government of Nicaragua, the Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), the support teams from World Vision US (WVUS) and World Vision International (WVI), and all other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Health Economics, Public Administration, Project Management, Business, or related field (required).
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in international development, with a focus on public health and infectious disease management or in the administration of complex, public health projects in low- and middle-income country contexts and complex operating environments.
- Minimum of five years’ experience managing programs in Latin America, preferably in Nicaragua.
- More than five years’ direct experience working with the Global Fund in some capacity (as staff, consultant, or in a national program); in-depth knowledge of Global Fund’s mission, structure, and systems.
- Knowledge of HIV and TB prevention and care.
- Fluent in Spanish, both written and spoken (required).
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken (required).
- Flexible and willing to participate in conference calls outside of regular business hours, work remotely and travel as needed.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally up to 30%
How to apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by 31 DEC 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith. For more information, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.