- January 31, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party*,* Rwanda
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated agriculture program in Rwanda funded by USAID. This activity will sustainably increase smallholder farmers’ income, improve the nutritional status of women and children, and increase the resilience of Rwanda’s agriculture market and food systems to a changing climate.
The Chief of Party will serve as the lead supervisor, point of contact, and representative for all aspects of the program including oversight of technical activities, administration, human resources, and finances. They will lead the technical team in designing the technical and operational strategy, developing the program work plan, and driving implementation of program activities. Additionally, they will monitor progress to ensure program goals and reporting requirements are met on time and within budget and ensure compliance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures. The program is anticipated to start in 2022 and this position is envisioned to be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Lead the overall strategic planning, implementation, and management of the program
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and private and public sector actors and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract
- Establish administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the goals and objectives of the program
- Manage relationships with counterparts at various levels of government, NGOs, private sector associations, and stakeholders from international assistance projects
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Prepare and supervise work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID/Rwanda, institutions, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Provide managerial and technical leadership to develop an effective integrated approach of program components, beneficiaries, government actors, private sector partners, and other stakeholders
- Manage a team of technical experts to ensure that cross-cutting issues are effectively integrated into the project implementation in alignment with the programs’ results framework
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and guide program implementation to achieve maximum impact
- Develop systems that support collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) approach, including establishing a culture of adaptive management
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established ACDI/VOCA’s accounting principles and USAID regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, agricultural sciences, rural development, or relevant field is required. A master’s degree is desired.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in agriculture, market systems development, food systems development, nutrition, or related field.
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party, Project Director, Team Leader, or similar senior management position for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Experience overseeing programming that has integrated nutrition throughout program activities.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID rules and regulations is required.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with host-country government officials, international donors, non-government organizations, and private sector stakeholders, associations.
- Experience using market systems and facilitation approaches to strengthen food systems and nutrition.
- Demonstrated experience with the CLA approach is desired.
- Experience working in Rwanda preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Rwandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.