- February 17, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
Programs – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Programs Team helps realize this objective by bridging program management, technical support, and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its global strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide organizational and industry-wide thought leadership by leveraging a complementary set of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary skills, expertise, and experiences. The Programs team: influences progressive change through the development and implementation of global and regional strategies and business plans; supports advancement of innovative solutions; pursues new business opportunities; and drives effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the globe. Across all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability, and respect.
Pact seeks an experienced Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated upcoming USAID South Sudan Integrated Youth Engagement Activity (IYEA). Under this anticipated Activity, USAID/South Sudan seeks to support a program that builds the capacity of vulnerable youth and empowers them to lead healthy, engaged, and productive lives in their communities.
The COP will be responsible for technical leadership and the overall management and operations of the USAID IYEA Activity. The COP will supervise high-quality project implementation, with a focus on achieving the project goals and USAID/South Sudan development objectives. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination of all activities across all relevant parties including: USAID, the Government of South Sudan, health organizations, civil society, and private sector stakeholders. The COP will also oversee all project staff and sub-partners for results-oriented planning, leadership, and coordination of project activities.
- Ensure high-quality, results-oriented technical programming through hands-on guidance and support grounded in the project’s strategic objectives and approved annual workplans
- Serve as the primary liaison with the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) or Agreement Officer’s Representative (AOR) on management and technical matters,
- Ensure compliance with USAID rules/regulations and Pact processes.
- Ensure that the project meets stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements.
- Take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders, including partners, government stakeholders, civil society, and other USAID projects.
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of activities across project partners, ensuring successful integration of activities.
- Liaise closely with Pact South Sudan’s Country Director and finance team, and Pact’s U.S. team to ensure that all project activities are compliant with USG rules and regulations, as well as consistent Pact’s policies, procedures and best practices.
- Oversee project planning (i.e., development of work plans and project budget), monitoring and reporting (i.e., review and approve periodic budgets and technical and financial reports) in accordance with the highest standards.
- Oversee project budget and work in close coordination with the Finance/Operations Manager to meet expected results, ensuring cost-effective use of donor and Pact’s resources.
- Support the implementation of a highly adaptive, context-driven programmatic approach
- Ensure a responsive and innovative approach to developing the capacity of civil society organizations and other civic actors
- Provide strategic management and oversight of the project’s sub-award portfolio.
- Manage a team of flexible and adaptive employees and oversee evidence-based adjustments in programming to achieve greater impact
- Oversee project staff in helping partners establish reporting and tracking systems to provide key information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that program meets programmatic and financial targets and makes accurate projections.
- Represent the project at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support USAID and Pact’s thought leadership in local organizations, capacity development, and civil society strengthening.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in the successful implementation of international development activities.
- At least eight (8) years of experience as a COP or in a comparable managerial position on donor-funded projects, preferably for USAID programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of civil society in South Sudan
- Experience building capacity for civil society organizations and/or local organization actors in South Sudan
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to perform and collaborate in complex and politically sensitive project environments.
- Experience working on and leading teams for USAID contracts and/or cooperative agreements
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and effectively managing a diverse team of employees and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, and work with and between different stakeholders, including civil society organizations, government institutions, private sector entities, and US Government agencies.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with government and civil society stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and consensus building.
- Fluency in English (oral, writing, and reading)
- Ability to travel within South Sudan and occasionally internationally, when health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19 diminish.
- Demonstrated experience managing highly adaptive programs, as well as applying systems-driven approaches and/or thinking and working politically (TWP) principles
- Knowledge of the political, social, health, and economic context of South Sudan.
- South Sudan nationals are encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please apply to this position by following this link.