- February 9, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance, and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project, that seeks to promote cooperation among the West Bank and Gaza, Israel and the United States to promote peace through expanding economic and research partnerships. The COP provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project’s activity as well as serves as the primary liaison with USAID and host government on management and technical matters.
Reporting & Supervision:
The COP will report directly to the Project Director at Creative’s headquarters and will supervise various project staff.
- Oversee the overall management and implementation of project activity;
- Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements;
- Actively engage key private and public sector, civil society, education, youth, business, and government stakeholders and other USAID-funded implementing partners;
- Actively identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments;
- Produce and oversee production of deliverables related to economic and research partnerships and community engagement;
- Oversee the coordination of local partners as well as sub-recipients and sub-grantees;
- Facilitate and support partnerships, collaboration, and collective action between a diverse group of local stakeholders;
- Mentor and coach staff to support their professional development and application of skills and knowledge to succeed in their roles;
- Manage a diverse team to deliver impact within agreed timelines.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- An advanced degree in business administration, economics, international development, social sciences, or a related field;
- At least 10 years of general experience with at least 5 years in relevant management, supervisory, senior technical role leading programs/projects of similar scope and scale;
- At least five years of experience in the governance, agriculture, or economic growth sectors in West Bank and Gaza and Israel;
- Experience enabling and supporting projects in politically sensitive environments;
- Demonstrated experience in management and oversight of programs that are of a similar scope, size, and complexity to this activity;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches, collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) and overseeing M&E activities on donor-funded projects;
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English; proficiency in Arabic is preferred.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.