- April 11, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CP & CRG Program Coordinator ( 1 Position) Kismayo– Somali-National only**
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Project Coordinator will be ensuring the effective implementation and supervision of CHASP Child protection activities in Kismayo, Dhobley and Adado districts. The incumbent will assume all the responsibility of the project management through provision of leadership and technical support to project staff and partners within the designated area(s) of responsibility for the post.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Reports to: Field Manager (direct line Manager) and Child Protection Programme Manager as technical line Manager.
Dimensions: Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff.
***Staff directly reporting to this post:** : Project Officers based Kismayo*
A degree in Social Science, Childhood Development, Community Development or any other relevant field is requirement for this position
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working with international NGO’s on CPand CP related work is mandatory for this position.
- Proven Knowledge of the minimum standards of Child protection is requirement for this position.
- Proven ability to manage a programme including management of human and material resources.
- Ability to produce analytical and well-presented project reports and proposals.
- Ability to communicate and maintain tactful relations with relevant local authorities in politically and culturally sensitive environments.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
- Familiarity with Sphere guidelines and other humanitarian standards, such as Red Cross Code of Conduct
- Experience of supervising and motivating field staff
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Representational and advocacy skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Somali.
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children’s common approaches
- Strong commitment to children and their right to and need for CP and protection.
- Strong training capacity for duty-bearers and right-holders
- Knowledge of technical report writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of management Child Friendly spaces
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of psychosocial approaches and disaster risk interventions
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at
Application will close on 19th April, 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Qualified* female candidates are encouraged to apply*
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS41NDUxNS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20