- May 17, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Your internship is always a combination of a specific project, event organization and regular volunteering in our gyms. This means you will also do gymshifts where you register people, take care of the equipment and provide everyone with what they need to exercise.
Your specific project will be related in supporting our organizational goals through communications:
You will focus on social media, communications, advocacy and supporting the planning of fundraising campaigns.
Doing your internship with Yoga and Sport with Refugees is a great opportunity to combine an academic internship with gaining very practical on the ground experience in a grassroots organization working with refugees.
For all our goals we have set targets and indicated steps to reach them by August 2024. In your internship you will help us to reach the set targets! The exact outline of your internship is to be discussed with the responsible director and depends on your background and interests.
Besides, we are regularly organizing community events, fundraising events, etc. You will be asked to help with the organization.
You will meet weekly with the other interns, staff team and your responsible coordinator to discuss the progress on your project and where this might overlap with others.
We are looking for someone who is proactive, energetic, analytic, good at time management, and motivated to grow the organization with us.
We currently offer the possibility to do an internship on Lesvos, in Athens or in Ioannina. Our office is however based in Athens, so this is the most regular place to do an internship.
What we offer:
- the opportunity to support a growing organization
- the opportunity to get to know a non-profit organization from the inside and be involved in the different aspects of the organization.
- to be part of an amazing community.
- a position where you support each other through sports.
- the possibility to do a lot of sports
- develop your analytic, writing, researching and networking skills
- work with people from many different countries and backgrounds
- a learning environment where we take the development of our people very seriously.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum age of 21 years
- A minimum commitment of 3 months
- Proficiency in English writing and speaking
- Someone who is organized, loves to plan and has great time management skills
- Someone who is independent and preferably has experience with work in NGOs
- Someone with an interest in video editing and design
- Someone who is eager to learn and likes showing initiative
- Someone with a flexible approach and able to adapt to different situations
- Preferably someone who has worked with editing apps such as capcut, canva, da vinvi or similar
YSR strongly encourages qualified people with a refugee background to apply. We seek to ensure that everyone is given equal opportunities.
Safeguarding, Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in our organization, and you will be required to understand, train and comply with our safeguarding policy and supporting documents.
YSR is not able to provide housing or financial support.
How to apply
Send an email with your motivation and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org