- May 10, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Catholic Relief Services a Development Organization is seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated Communications Officer who will work closely with the Business Development Specialist, the Regional Communications Officer, and HQ Communications team to create content and to ensure strategic alignment of communications, consistent messaging, and a strong brand identity for CRS Cameroon. You will create content and use effective communications channels to reach several different audiences and help increase CRS Cameroon’s positioning for funding and influence. This includes stories, social media posts, multimedia and reports as required, as well as ensuring CRS’ compliance with donor branding and marking requirements that contribute to support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable and improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
The position is based in Yaoundé / Cameroon
- Write, design, and manage the production of creative and compelling communication and marketing material – stories, photos, video, fact sheets, brochures, newsletters, etc. – for various audiences, including public and private donors, local and national governments, local Church, partners, media and others as needed.
- Coordinate freelancers in the production of above marketing materials as needed.
- Support the procurement processes for licenses, equipment and applications needed to implement the Country Program’s communications plan and strategy.
- Use and tailor agency messages for each audience and identify and utilize effective distribution channels to disseminate communications materials to key audiences.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local media and help identify opportunities to reach key audiences, and coach country program staff in effective local media representation.
- Support the dissemination of relevant information among personnel, partners, and project participants or other relevant actors related to the Country Program.
- Provide marketing and communications support for events, including signage, handouts, talking points, photos, liaising with media, etc., and convene local media whenever a CRS event takes place.
- Support the creation of processes, manuals and trainings for CP staff and partners on issues related to communications, marketing, and media created for the development of the CP.
- Propose content for posts on CRS Cameroon social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn and be the focal point for generating CRS Cameroon content for HQ’s global social media.
- Lead social media campaign partnerships as required and lead/support social media led SBC campaigns.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in communications, Journalism, or related studies; experience in INGOs or UN preferred.
- Minimum two years marketing and communication experience, ideally for an NGO or another organization in development and relief programming.
- Individual must possess the ability to influence without direct authority.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Must possess ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully disseminating information to a variety of target audiences.
- Highly proficiency in Microsoft Office, in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign applications is required.
- Experience taking photos or filming video, a strong plus.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, is strongly desired.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English and French.
- Personal accountability and integrity
- Ability to build and maintains trust.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% (mostly within Cameroon).
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to apply
Application files including Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying “**Communications Officer “**in the e-mail subject line.
Closing date**: Mai 22nd, 2023** at 4:30 pm
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
This position is a local position and only open for National Cameroonians in country.
Females’ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that this organization requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the agency Safeguarding Policy