- November 23, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
CRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Reports To: to be confirmed
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
You will support with the management of compliance activities to the Greece Cash Assistance Program including financial provider compliance adhering to CRS policies, local laws, and donor regulations to help ensure effective delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and skills will help reduce risk to staff, to the effectiveness of our programming and to the people we serve through the application of the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- Ensure timely processing of financial requests/disbursements/liquidations. Ensure the advance request is on time, documentation is complete, and the necessary documents are submitted.
- Confirm e-wallet opening and status prior to any transfer request and refer any issues to program team and/or financial provider for follow up.
- Review supporting documentation of cash transfers to beneficiaries to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Timely submission of monthly liquidations and support the analysis of supporting documents and summary preparations for liquidations.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department and CP leadership on strengthening internal control systems and processes for Cash transfers.
- Help identify risk issues and challenges and solutions to address them.
- Support the planning and performance of monthly reports to the donor, control reviews and compliance assessments, as applicable.
- Support the design and facilitation of trainings and institutional capacity strengthening plans for CRS and partners.
- Help ensure proper maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Identify and remedy internal control weaknesses in all areas that impact CRS financial resources.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Financial Management. Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required, ideally for an NGO.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels and strengthening community partnerships.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
Required Languages: Greek and English.
Travel Required: Non expected.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Programming Teams, Finance Teams.
External: Caritas Athens, Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer; CRS is always looking for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join our agency and support our great work.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Please note that applications will be continuously reviewed, and CRS reserves the right to close the vacancy before the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV and Cover Letter in English with email to GRE_HumanRecources@crs.org, mentioning in the subject line the title of the position “Compliance Officer”. The deadline is December 5th, 2021.