- May 9, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Summary of ToR
International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is seeking a consultant to develop a private sector engagement and marketing strategy for a project collaborator, Taita Taveta Wildlife Conservancies Association (TTWCA),
IFAW (International Fund for Animal Welfare) is a global non-profit helping animals, and people thrive together with a presence in 40 countries worldwide. The IFAW Eastern Africa office is based in Nairobi.
IFAW addresses the needs of animals and people across many critical habitats by protecting wildlife from poachers, landscape conservation, and rehabilitating rescued animals. IFAW partners with local communities, governments, non-governmental organizations, and businesses to achieve its mission.
IFAW is implementing a United States Agency for International Development project, Sustainable Management of Amboseli and Tsavo landscapes, in collaboration with TTWCA, AET, Big Life and Tsavo Trust. The project aims to enhance local organizations’ capacity to provide leadership and implement conservation actions for community livelihoods and biodiversity conservation in their jurisdictions. In Tsavo, IFAW is strengthening TTWCA’s capacity to lead conservation interventions and support conservancies within the region.
TTWCA is a landscape community-based organization established in 2013 with the mandate to support the development of wildlife conservancies and other related economic activities among its members for improved livelihoods and coordinate sustainable management of the Tsavo ecosystem. TTWCA also serves as a landscape umbrella body for the 33 conservancies/ranches covering approximately 1 million acres within the larger Tsavo landscape. The conservancies/ranches form a migratory corridor for the Tsavo National Park which is 5.8 million acres.
Objective of the assignment
The project seeks to unlock private sector investment into the conservancies to accelerate conservation of wildlife, associated biodiversity and create opportunities for employment for the local population. To realize this, TTWCA needs an innovative and forward-looking investor engagement framework/strategy to catalyze investment into the immense opportunities available in the landscape. This will only be possible with a private sector engagement strategy that looks at the opportunities available, packaging them in a manner that fits the present market and provide potential options for linking with viable investors.
Scope of work
- To develop and validate a private sector engagement and marketing strategy and provide clear guidelines on its operationalization.
- To map out, identify and validate key stakeholders to be included in the development of the private sector engagement and marketing strategy.
- To carry out an intensive and inclusive consultative process with the identified key stakeholders to gather information, recommendations, and obtain feedback on the development and operationalization of a private sector engagement strategy.
- Develop a partnership deck and value proposition for what TTWCA can offer.
- Suggest proposals on how TTWCA can undertake account management database of all new partnership established, mobilised or in discussion.
- Summary of good practices of linkages between Private Sector and conservation umbrella organizations
- Inception report: Highlighting methodology to be adopted in the selection, validation of key stakeholders and for carrying out a consultative process with stakeholders.
- Final tools/instruments of the process
- Electronic files with all raw data
- Report – highlighting existing information, gaps, feedback, and recommendations from stakeholders.
- Private sector engagement strategy developed and validated by key stakeholders.
- Final report and recommendations.
Required experience, skills, and competencies
- Master’s or equivalent degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Management, or related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working with Private Sector development programs
- Extensive experience working in business, trade, investment or sustainable development issues
- Significant exposure to fundraising for philanthropic, foundation, impact or not-for-profit organizations
- Experience in building and brokering partnerships across parties.
- Experience organizing private sector-focused events
- Professional connections and extensive private sector network in various industries; strong relationship-building skills.
- Excellent English and Swahili (written and spoken)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Time frame of the consultancy
The duration of the assignment will be for 90 days
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their technical and financial proposals (not exceeding 15 pages), CVs (demonstrating their qualification, competency, and experience in undertaking similar assignments), company profile, two recent references, and their availability to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org CC: email@example.com with the subject as ‘PRIVATE SECTOR ENGAGEMENT AND MARKETING STRATEGY FOR TAVETA WILDLIFE CONSERVANCIES ASSOCIATION’ not later than CoB Friday, 22nd May 2023.