- August 3, 2022
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Country Logistics and Supply Coordinator
Duty station: Various Destinations
Starting date: 17/10/2022
Contract duration: 12 months (4 months of probation period)
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: Depending on the mission
Dependents: According to the Country of assignment
General context of the project
Depending on the Country of assignment
General purpose of the position
Define and implement all supply, logistics, and ITC strategies and support to the mission, ensuring the pertinence and coherence of logistics and supply systems, adequacy of the means provided, and compliance to INTERSOS standards, protocols, and procedures in order to foster the development of the mission and optimize the impact of the projects.
Work closely with program and administrative staff to ensure comprehensive reporting, support, and assistance to all INTERSOS activities.
Is responsible for the logistics management of IMP software and part of the mission Senior Management Team (SMT).
Main responsibilities and tasks
Coordination and support
- Participate actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets, defining strategies and providing advice to the Head of Mission in the translation of the identified logistics, supply, and ICT needs into objectives, priorities, and resources needed for the mission
- Is responsible for monitoring the implementation of logistics, supply and ICT activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, stock and supply of non-medical and medical material, fleet management and transport, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, security rules (implementation and enforcement, ICT, assets etc.)
- Ensure compliance with INTERSOS standards, protocols, and procedures, across the mission and according to donor requirements including procurement. Report to the Head of Mission on the development of the ongoing programs and propose reorientation strategies when needed
- Is responsible for ensuring technical reference and support for all logistics, supply, and ICT issues in the mission, providing coaching to logistics staff, and representing INTERSOS in meetings with authorities, other NGOs, and coordination networks for technical/logistics-related issues
- Ensure the production of mission levels SOPs (if needed) for the Logistics needs
- Logistics Information Management
- Coordinate the full IT management of the mission, from computer setting (official software installation and maintenance) to mission email and IMP profile pool generation and management.
- Set up and guarantee general NET accessibility of all mission devices, on all bases and during field activities.
- Provide monthly reporting to the Head of Mission and Regional Logistics Coordinator (through IMP) and related people on projects/mission evolution from the technical/logistics perspective and propose corrections if needed
- Ensure that data reported in INTERSOS Logistics software (Intersos Management Platform – IMP) is correctly used and accurate. Provide training to mission staff if required and support the implementation of INTERSOS Logistics software in missions
Supply-Chain Management and Procurement
- Monitoring overall procurement performance for the mission. Ensure effective and cost-efficient procurement planning by liaising with technical staff, Heads of Base, and/or Project Managers. Ensure that online procurement plans are created on IMP and up to date while guaranteeing INTERSOS and donor procurement policies and procedures are being adhered to at all times. Carry out research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules, and quality
- Coordinate with the Administration and Finance Department to ensure that payment processes to suppliers are made on time and respect the financial systems
- Plan and perform field audits to ensure consistency in process application and proper documentation and filing are maintained
- Develop and implement service contract management instructions, policies, and procedures. Examine and re-evaluate existing service contracts and oversee regular rent, utility payments (i.e., electricity, water, gas, etc.), office and guesthouses maintenance contracts, and running costs procedures. Ensure that they are properly handled by Logistics Officers and Assistants, Administration, and/or focal points
- Overview that the Supply Manager/Assistant and Base Logistics Officer maintain and update a pre-qualified suppliers list per base
- Is responsible for ensuring the good storage of all projects materials within warehouse/stock, in respect of the INTERSOS Supply SOPs and regular inventory checks on a quarterly basis
- Check and coordinate with logistics staff that goods deliveries are done as planned and properly stored
- Prepare and launch tenders documents in coordination with the Supply team
- Undertake procurement of medical commodities (international and national level in coordination with the program teams and HQ teams). Ensures the in-country customs clearance for medical and non-medical imported goods including ensuring the required paperwork prior to the importation of the commodities.
- Ensure that INTERSOS Fleet Management model, movement security protocols, and Brand Identity Manual are applied in missions – the fleet is checked, and regularly maintained and that vehicles are insured, and taxes are paid
- Follow-up on proper monitoring of fuel consumption and use of vehicle log-book, maintenance log, oil log, and other fleet formats and templates by field logistics staff. Ensure that proper documentation of vehicles (i.e. lease, insurance, mechanical inspection, etc.) is properly handled by logistics staff
- Contribute to the development of sustainable approaches to transport management by streamlining INTERSOS environmental policy and Regional Office suggestions
Facilities and Communications management
- Oversee the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and guesthouses facilities in an adequate living condition and in accordance with INTERSOS minimum standards and brand identity manual. Ensure the application of defined safety and security measures and make inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities
- Is responsible for ensuring that facilities have an appropriate IT and Communications infrastructure and equipment to sustain INTERSOS software platforms and are in line with policies and procedures – allowing permanent communication between capital, projects, bases, and HQ and proper management of the bases. Guarantees that all staff in the mission have proper training on how to use communications equipment available (e.g. satellite phones, HF/VHF radios, computers, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of sustainable approaches to facility management by streamlining INTERSOS environmental policy and Regional Office suggestions
- Oversee the purchase, use, and maintenance of IT assets, office, and project equipment, and communication tools, while ensuring that all mission assets registered in IMP are documented, issued with unique INTERSOS asset numbers, tagged, and logged according to asset management policies and procedures
- Report asset list at the end of the project and oversee asset rollover according to defined destination with the Programs Department
- Oversee regular fixed assets check on a quarterly basis
Human Resources management
- Coordinate the Logistics team and participates in the HR processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential, detection, staff development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he is accountable for
- In collaboration with the Head of Mission and the Security Referent is responsible for co-defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification, and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitoring on a daily basis the security rules and reporting to the Head of Mission of any problem. For this purpose, in case of the absence of a dedicated Security Focal Point, the Logistics Coordinator has to create an appropriate environment to facilitate the exchange of information on security situations. Is the security backup in the absence of the Head of Mission.
Required profile and experience
Essential degree and specialization in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Proven experience in medical logistics management including importation of medical commodities.
- Essentially at least four years of working experience in relevant jobs and previous humanitarian experience with NGOs in developing countries. Desirable previous experience in emergencies
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, and internet)
- People management and development
- Service orientation
- Results and quality orientation
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- Knowledge of the local working language is an asset (depending on the Country of assignment)
- Very good interpersonal skills: strong and effective communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical approach and attitude to problem-solving
- Strategic vision
- Behavioral flexibility
- Stress management
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/missioni/#intersosorg-vacancies/vacancy-details/62ea41426fe0e700216241bc
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password, citizenship and Skype address), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV and motivation letter in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS. In case you encounter severe difficulties applying through the platform, you can send an email attaching your CV and motivation letter (both in PDF version) via email to email@example.com, with subject line: “Platform issue – SR-999-2695-Position”.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.