- December 14, 2023
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
World Vision International
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Here’s where you come in:
As Database Designer (Engineering), you will be responsible for facilitating the development of the future-state and ensuring its effective adoption. They will spend the majority of their time making application changes to improve database performance, scalability, reliability, delivering foundational database solutions and best practices for our backend engineering teams. This role will also identify enterprise business drivers, and recommend solutions for improvement by developing strategies aligning IT to the business.
- Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in Database design/operations.
- Hands-on experience in designing/reviewing, developing/optimising/refactoring, and implementing new database schema/model that meets the business requirement with optimized DB performance.
- Specialized in DB performance tuning, and DB infrastructure capacity/ high availability planning for very large and critical database systems.
- Subject matter expert on database technologies such as MS SQL Server and some other RDBMS MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Subject matter expert in database designs by recommending DB best practices to the application development team.
- Experience in building database projects for on-premise or cloud environments.
- Able to create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position and apply. We will be accepting applications until the right candidate is found.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.